Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wood Dale in MN  (Read 5578 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Wood Dale in MN
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »
Well got it home tonight, did some choirs and took a little look. Spent two minutes on the top vent. This will clean up well. Inside is not bad, Oven cleaner and Krud cutter, the inside should be fine. Took to waps with the rubber mallet, dent came out of the handle. This is a different black than todays models. I took a spot to clean, white speckles? I think this is what gives them the appearance of faded gray? I will only be in a spot with the damned wheels. If I make it a looker and don't have to move it, it will be fine. Wondering if I should the use the old fashioned navel jelly on the wheels for the rust? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 minute lid detail...

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
I have restored 10 bbq smokers(most of them 1/4" thick).  I prefer loctite rust neutralizer over navy jelly.  Not as harsh and it converts rust to a neutral surface ready to paint over.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »
Forget that guy, just call on The Duke! Just use a large washer with a 3/8 hole then put a round clamp you find in the drawers at the hardware store behind it. $5 fix and good to go!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Re: Wood Dale in MN
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »
Forget that guy, just call on The Duke! Just use a large washer with a 3/8 hole then put a round clamp you find in the drawers at the hardware store behind it. $5 fix and good to go!

Duke,  you are the Master! I can only assume your talking about a washer large enough yo cover the rusted hole of the wheel?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Re: Wood Dale in MN
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 07:02:06 PM »
I have restored 10 bbq smokers(most of them 1/4" thick).  I prefer loctite rust neutralizer over navy jelly.  Not as harsh and it converts rust to a neutral surface ready to paint over.

Thanks Harris! It is course and will need some major sanding too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »
Nice save and great teamwork. Cant wait to see more pics of it.