Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Leftover Ribs?  (Read 938 times)

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
Leftover Ribs?
« on: October 09, 2017, 03:54:54 AM »
I smoked more ribs than we could could eat yesterday. I was thinking about throwing the leftovers in the crock pot with some bbq sauce tonight. What else do you guys do with leftover ribs (if you have any lol)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mdb240

• WKC Brave
Re: Leftover Ribs?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:05:28 AM »
What are leftover ribs, I never heard of them?

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:21:37 AM »
Vac seal them into portions and freeze. When needed, pull the bags from the freezer, drop into a pot of simmering water... maybe 10 minutes... viola! Dinner in minutes!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 05:14:22 AM »
I have warmed them up in the oven or I have brought some into work and ate them cold.. but most of the time there are no leftovers 8)
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 05:41:00 AM »
Depends on how you seasoned them. If they are really sauced, you have to think of how the sauce plays into other foods. I have gotten pretty creative with leftover ribs in the past.

I use them like any other smoked pork item...so you can add them to greens that you cook down for flavor, a pot of white beans with a can of diced tomatoes to make rib and bean soup (rather than ham).

What I would suggest is...Cut the meat off of the bones, chop, sauce. I used to work in a rib restaurant back in college and one of our best selling items were beef and pork rib sandwiches. You could add the meat to a roll or make a nice crunchy vinegar slaw to go on there.

Oh, if you have a crockpot (or any pot) reserve the bones...throw them in the crockpot with water, onion, carrots, garlic, dash of Worcester sauce, salt/pepper and cook down on low over night. No need to wash or clean extra sauce off of there.

You will awaken to house that smells amazing and have a pork stock that has just enough character to be base for a great soup or pot of beans as a side later in the week.

Let the stock cool....strain. Can be used right away or frozen in a gallon freezer bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 07:35:14 AM »
The BEST thing to do with leftover ribs is to pack them in a cooler with dry ice & ship them to me.
regards,
Hal

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:14 AM »
I usually eat them cold the next day if I have left overs or bring them into work and give them a quick warmup in the microwave on low and have them for lunch there.  But most often, leftover ribs aren't a problem.

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 07:52:03 AM »
I have then for lunch

Bigmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »
I put them in a throw away foil pan,fire up one of the burners on my gasser and set the ribs off to the side and let them warm for about an hour. At that point lunch is served.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 12:12:49 PM »
All good ideas thanks guys! The chopped up rib sammys sound pretty good!!