Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mod Month!  (Read 8465 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Mod Month!
« on: October 01, 2017, 02:10:21 AM »
I declare Mod Month has begun! If we were still doing it, it would start today and run through Halloween. Perfect time to finish up all those mods you've been meaning to complete before Winter. 2017 was a great year for mods. My only real mod this year (he says while muttering the Mod Month Motto: "Wait 'till next year")  was this:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/a-bigger-better-basket-case/msg305664/#msg305664
With over 7,000 views to date, it's proof that even small mods can inspire many more.

Let's see what you've been up to!

Retired

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mod Month!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:21:06 AM »
Best thing about your bigger better basket is its quick, easy, free if you have baskets and hardware, and very useful. I use it at least a couple times a week. Fantastic for searing and cooking. Also is great to put under a griddle. Just a handy accessory.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:31:45 AM »

This is my mod of this year

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 12:36:33 PM »
Thanks Marty, great poster this year.

Wrapping up unfinished projects this month would be a great way to celebrate the anniversary of Mod Month.
Although we aren't actually doing Mod Month, I do have a few special handles available. I'll give a special WKC handle to my 3 favorite mods.

All mods posted in 2017 are elgible. I'll pick winners Nov 1.
Halloween Costume mods are TOTALLY INCLUDED.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:46:45 PM »
I have had an idea that I haven't seen yet. Maybe the deadline will be the inspiration I need to see it through.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 02:25:31 PM »
Whoa, Black Betty...Bam-ba-Lam
Mod month really gets me high...Bam-ba-Lam
You know thats no lie...Bam-ba-Lam

Thanks Marty!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 04:50:05 PM »

Does the homemade slow n sear count?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 01:04:22 AM »
Home made WSM cart should qualify, thread here http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=31123.0

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 02:01:33 AM »
EVERYTHING qualifies! A mod can be a complete frankenstein or a simple fix to a nagging issue. Even incomplete ideas are welcome - everything you do can inspire others to take it further. Share your fails. Share your successes. Dig deep in your boneyard and ask yourself: "I wonder if I could use this for...?" 

Remember, it's not a competition - it's a lifestyle.
Retired

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 03:00:59 AM »

Remember, it's not a competition - it's a lifestyle.
+1
The entire reason I've modified everything

BillA from CA

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 11:52:09 AM »
Since March 2016 I have been using my 22in.  3 wheeler on top of my 18.5 as a smoker. It shows in the image beneath my name and was previously described in the thread here. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/stacked-kettles-excellent-smoker/msg314316/#msg314316
Others have written about the same idea but apparently my first use pre-dates those others according to our member Greenweb.

I think the idea is worth of consideration because: 1) it works great 2) it costs nothing if you already own two kettles of the designated size 3) It does not result in permanent modification; both kettles can easily be re-used in original configuration as originally intended 4) it uses 100% all Weber parts. 5) demonstrates the versatility of kettle cooking, ranging from direct heat grilling, to indirect heat grilling, to true smoking all with the same kettle(s)
Still searching for a food that does NOT taste better when grilled or smoked

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 07:20:10 PM »
Since March 2016 I have been using my 22in.  3 wheeler on top of my 18.5 as a smoker. It shows in the image beneath my name and was previously described in the thread here. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/stacked-kettles-excellent-smoker/msg314316/#msg314316
Others have written about the same idea but apparently my first use pre-dates those others according to our member Greenweb.

I think the idea is worth of consideration because: 1) it works great 2) it costs nothing if you already own two kettles of the designated size 3) It does not result in permanent modification; both kettles can easily be re-used in original configuration as originally intended 4) it uses 100% all Weber parts. 5) demonstrates the versatility of kettle cooking, ranging from direct heat grilling, to indirect heat grilling, to true smoking all with the same kettle(s)

I asked @BillA from CA to post this here. Nicely done Bill!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:01:51 AM by greenweb »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 05:29:54 AM »
#2.

Inspiration kettle-  Spring Green Euro Gen1 Master Touch.  I believe only few members have this kettle.

Build thread- http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/euro-spring-green-gen1-mt/msg317930/#msg317930

Final product.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 05:58:54 AM »
#3.
Inspiration kettle- none. The idea here was to build a true factory spec performer that was not offered by Weber. More like a one off proto build.

True Gen4 C&B Green (grass green) Performer with another special edition to me,  new style Red Gen2

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:03:10 AM by greenweb »