Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: True Grey OTP - Rockin K Code  (Read 2609 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: True Grey OTP - Rockin K Code
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
holy shit! What a find. I never could have waited that long. Congrats!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 07:25:06 PM »
I agree @Cellar2 full I've got a mix of crooked K kettles. If you ever decide to part with this please put me at the top of your list. A matching pair would be pretty sweet to have. Congrats again on the find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 07:44:39 PM »
Damn nice

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 08:33:10 PM »
Beauty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

wreck | fish

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
@kettlebb -  Is it just me or does it seem there are more examples of backward, crooked and lazy K's than any other stamped letter. 

@wreck | fish - It is a One Touch Plus, the precursor to the MT.  The OTP was made from 1988 to 1992. 

Here is a thread regarding the history of both:  http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/

@crowderjd - Gotta love the lichen on the lid handles. Reminds me of your 78 Chief

Thanks for the education.  I had no idea there was an OTP!

1991 SSP (Blue)  |  1995 Performer (Black)  |  Bar B Kettle (Black)  |  18.5 WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 11:52:48 AM »
I converted mine to an OTG.  She's and upside down L and she's the favorite of my herd.

x

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Cellar2ful

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 12:22:18 PM »

@captjoe06 -  Wow. It looks brand new out of the box Joe.  I was thinking about modifying mine with an old MT ash catcher assembly.  I forgot about you having a modded grey and seeing it again with the new ash catcher gives me another option.  I could use a newer #7444 ash sweep assembly going that way and keep hoarding my #7409's.  I will have to try fitting it with both ash catchers to see the one I prefer.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »
It is a beauty I had the pleasure to see it in person
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »
I converted mine to an OTG.  She's and upside down L and she's the favorite of my herd.

x

That might be the only 7 Weber issued.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 02:27:41 PM »
Wow.  That is sharp looking.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 06:09:39 PM »
Mines got a retro look to it

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

guntergriller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
Great find and great story! I too believe in Kettle Karma. I know the day I go out and buy a brand new one, a like-new Blue one will show up online for free!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 06:36:27 PM »
I too believe in Kettle Karma. I know the day I go out and buy a brand new one, a like-new Blue one will show up online for free!! [emoji23]

I think folks talk about Kettle Karma being the cause of something good happening. What you describe would make most folks want to kick themselves....it certainly would not be convenient or fortuitous.

In regards to Karma of any type? My experience is when you do a good deed it often ends up you get a kick in the teeth and loose. Good things also happen to assholes who don't have it coming....brother.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 01:38:24 AM »

@captjoe06 -  Wow. It looks brand new out of the box Joe.  I was thinking about modifying mine with an old MT ash catcher assembly.  I forgot about you having a modded grey and seeing it again with the new ash catcher gives me another option.  I could use a newer #7444 ash sweep assembly going that way and keep hoarding my #7409's.  I will have to try fitting it with both ash catchers to see the one I prefer.

It's the one kettle the Mrs has a real appreciation for.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 06:13:19 AM »
Great story..  Nice catch!
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.