Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: For my STL Friends - IMO’s on the KP  (Read 3814 times)

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
Re: For my STL Friends - IMO’s on the KP
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 05:35:53 AM »
I tested nearly the same method with great success, with the SNS to avoid (I hope) damage to the kettle:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/pizza-forum/sns-no-kettle-pizza-wood-)))/msg338938/#new

I agree that the kettle pizza appears less necessary. However, the fact that you can see the pizza cooking with the KP and also turn the pizza more easily could justify it, mostly if you are cooking for many people. Correct me if I am wrong as i do not have the kp.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 05:53:10 AM »
Your right. I have the pizzaque which is similar in concept and it is nice to see and rotate. However, I also agree that you can make a great pie without one.  If your cooking in the 700-900 degree range, being able to see the pizza is a big advantage to prevent burning.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 05:54:04 AM »
Now that it is cooler weather, I will be cooking pizza inside in the oven. Nearly as good of results and easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
The sugar worked just fine. I probably could have used a bit more water, the dough was pretty stiff. Maybe another teaspoon of water would have made it easier to work.

I Used your dough recipe tonight, it was delicious 😋