Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1981 Green C Code  (Read 3863 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: 1981 Green C Code
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »
Congrates on that score. PM sent

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 12:29:51 PM »
The early greens (1978-85 or so) are a little lighter than the early 90s greens (Performer/Master Touch) which are lighter than the current greens (1997 or so through today) which are the darkest greens. When I get time I will do a comparison of my lightest green to my darkest green.

HOLY GRAILS: 1960s Glen Blue 22 aka The Imperial, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
And a BIG THANK YOU to Cellar2ful! I am excited to add this to my stable. Long time grail crossed off the list. I'm pumped!

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »
What a find!!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »
Congrats @Craig on the grail and big thanks to @Cellar2ful to offer it to him. Great teamwork!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
Jim @Cellar2ful is quite the grillfella indeed... I acquired my  26er flat-top off of him which definitely sparked the weberitis. Also got my mbh pat number yellow, mbh  pat number red and pat pending chief from him as well. The  brotherhood of the kettle and awesome camaraderie is quite impressive. Beyond thankful for this group.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »
Congrats @Craig and kudos to @Cellar2ful for the generosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 03:20:54 PM »

Beautiful grill!!

Great move @Cellar2ful - you are a true Grill Fella!
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 04:12:05 PM »

You hear the term kettle karma mentioned a lot on the Forum.  Here is a connection that even @Craig might not remember or be aware of.  I joined the WKC in February, 2016.  Within days of me joining the club, Craig posted a picture of his 1981 C Code kettle with a reproduction "The One, The Only" wood handle. Intrigued, I sent him an email through the WKC, asking where he had acquired the handle. He responded, referring me to WKC member Brian (zavod44), the maker of the handle. Since then, I have always been drawn to the C Code kettles due to their unique look of having two rivet bowl handles. I have a couple of black C Codes but always wanted to find a colored one.  After picking up this green one, I read one of Craigs posts on another thread and spotted his grail tag line.  Once I saw that one of his grails was a green 1981 C Code, there was no question what I had to do.  Had I not offered it to Craig, I might of upset the entire balance of kettle karma. I didn't want that on my shoulders. 

Here is the thread that started my connection with Craig and C Code kettles.  It seems to have now come full circle.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/1981-c-code-red-now-with-new-handles!/msg208019/#msg208019

@Craig , just curious why that's a grail? Birth year? Family had one? Awesome backstory? Any way the slice it, all of them are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Why a Grail? Well, a few reasons. 1. 1981 was the first year of the all wood handle (3WD) kettles so these could have come with either or both styles of wood handle (single screw and/or two rivet) 2. An 81 still guarantees daisy vents (my first preference) 3. One of the more vibrant reds Weber made. 4. C code. C is my first initial. 81 is not my birth year, that is 1978. I do have a dark blue and a chocolate from 78.. 5. My goal is to have the complete color selection from 1981 including the C code WSM. I've got 81 C codes already in Red, Black, Dark blue and a first year WSM. Just need a Dark Green and a Chocolate Brown.

3WD=Three wood handled daisy wheeler. Post MBH/Pre One Touch

I am glad to have helped Craig get one step closer to achieving his goal.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »
Great story! Kettle karma is very real

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 05:15:20 PM »
Very cool of you to do @Cellar2ful!!! And congrats @Craig. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig

• WKC Mod
1981 Green C Code
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 07:45:13 PM »

You hear the term kettle karma mentioned a lot on the Forum.  Here is a connection that even @Craig might not remember or be aware of.  I joined the WKC in February, 2016.  Within days of me joining the club, Craig posted a picture of his 1981 C Code kettle with a reproduction "The One, The Only" wood handle. Intrigued, I sent him an email through the WKC, asking where he had acquired the handle. He responded, referring me to WKC member Brian (zavod44), the maker of the handle. Since then, I have always been drawn to the C Code kettles due to their unique look of having two rivet bowl handles. I have a couple of black C Codes but always wanted to find a colored one.  After picking up this green one, I read one of Craigs posts on another thread and spotted his grail tag line.  Once I saw that one of his grails was a green 1981 C Code, there was no question what I had to do.  Had I not offered it to Craig, I might of upset the entire balance of kettle karma. I didn't want that on my shoulders. 

Here is the thread that started my connection with Craig and C Code kettles.  It seems to have now come full circle.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/1981-c-code-red-now-with-new-handles!/msg208019/#msg208019

@Craig , just curious why that's a grail? Birth year? Family had one? Awesome backstory? Any way the slice it, all of them are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Why a Grail? Well, a few reasons. 1. 1981 was the first year of the all wood handle (3WD) kettles so these could have come with either or both styles of wood handle (single screw and/or two rivet) 2. An 81 still guarantees daisy vents (my first preference) 3. One of the more vibrant reds Weber made. 4. C code. C is my first initial. 81 is not my birth year, that is 1978. I do have a dark blue and a chocolate from 78.. 5. My goal is to have the complete color selection from 1981 including the C code WSM. I've got 81 C codes already in Red, Black, Dark blue and a first year WSM. Just need a Dark Green and a Chocolate Brown.

3WD=Three wood handled daisy wheeler. Post MBH/Pre One Touch

I am glad to have helped Craig get one step closer to achieving his goal.

Jim, I do remember that post. I even remember the question posed on why C Codes mean so much to me. This green will complete the C code color collection which includes my C code WSM (first full production year for those). As much as I love MBH kettles (and I do!) there's something really cool and unique about the C Codes being as they weren't made in this style for very long (1981-early 82) They still had the front AND rear wood bowl handles (which the wood stands out more against the bowl porcelain) and that they still have the daisy wheels. It wasn't long before the One Touch came out (1983) and the daisy wheelers were reduced to one bowl handle, black wall wheels not long after. I'm excited and grateful to Cellar2ful for giving me the opportunity to fulfill a grail and complete a part of my collection. [emoji2]

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:50:05 PM by Craig »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »
@Cellar2ful very kind of you to go the extra extra extra mile with the clean up to top with a cherry
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 04:33:39 AM »
Cool dudes here!

Looking forward to @Craig 's shades of green comparison.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 05:38:14 AM »
We need a C code collection pic as well!