Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Barbecue documentary  (Read 3667 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

james1787

• WKC Ranger
Re: Barbecue documentary
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:52:56 AM »
Looks good! I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for sharing this  8)
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 04:23:30 AM »
Definitely have to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

db3694

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 04:29:23 PM »
I will be looking out for it as well.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 03:54:00 PM »
This documentary is available on Netflix now.

I was kinda bummed out this weekend because I wanted to fire up the Fleetwood for the first time, but alas, I fell ill and was quarantined to the couch.  (I even tried to sneak out to put a brisket on early this morning, but the wife was not having it).  So I grumbled and pouted and, in general, had a pretty bad disposition until I started watching this.  Highly recommend. 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 07:28:43 AM »
Watched it. Interesting that much of the rest of the world follows a simple method of small cuts of skewered meat over open (and uncovered) flame.

Purists will want to be aware beforehand that "barbecue" is used as shorthand for "outdoor grilling" here.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
I really enjoyed it!  I did learn that if I'm ever invited to a true Mongolian barbecue, I will politely decline...marmot...it's what's for dinner.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »
I really enjoyed it!  I did learn that if I'm ever invited to a true Mongolian barbecue, I will politely decline...marmot...it's what's for dinner.
Lol I was like what are they doing?.... oh hammer to the head, pull out the insides and, oh wow hot rocks. Defiantly not your grandpa's style of bbq

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
Lol I was like what are they doing?.... oh hammer to the head, pull out the insides and, oh wow hot rocks. Defiantly not your grandpa's style of bbq

All the pesky issues of adjusting vents, cleaning grates and so on, disappear!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hood33

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 06:12:57 AM »
Yep, when he started blowing air into that thing, all I could think was:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 10:49:12 PM »
Watched it. Interesting that much of the rest of the world follows a simple method of small cuts of skewered meat over open (and uncovered) flame.

Purists will want to be aware beforehand that "barbecue" is used as shorthand for "outdoor grilling" here.

Of course, "Purists" are dumbasses.