Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: StL Meetup - who's coming/what to bring - master thread  (Read 22819 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
StL Meetup - who's coming/what to bring - master thread
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:19:11 PM »
Less than a week away to the 1st WKC/St. Louis meet-up! Hosted by @jeffrackmo, this will be one you don't want to miss!  The meet-up is this coming Sunday, September 10. Start time is anytime 10am or after…

If you're planning on going, and haven't gotten an email from Jeff with address, etc, or if you have any other questions, please send a PM to jeffrackmo and Bob BQ.

Have a vintage, rare, or special-to-you grill or other Weber item that you want to show off or cook on?  Bring it! Have something you want to sell or trade? Bring it! (Feel free to start a post in the Member Sales and Trades section, letting us know what you'll have). A "thank you" item for our host? Bring it!

At this point, we're not planning on doing attendance prizes.

In addition to hosting the event at his house, Jeff is providing quite a bit… grills to cook on, charcoal, tables, chairs, ez-up tent/awnings, sterno & warming pans/racks, coolers (byob).  There are some items in the "need" column (Jeff, if I've missed anything, please add it)…. chime in if you can bring any of the following:

plates
napkins
eating utensils
aluminum foil (for resting meat and wrapping leftovers)
ice
table cloths?

Please copy the list below, and add your name (and what you're cooking or bringing from the "need" list) to your reply.

Host: jeffrackmo
Bob BQ - fajitas (cooked on vintage weber wok)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:50:50 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: StL Meetup - who's coming/what to bring - master thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »
Hosted: jeffrackmo
Red Kettle Rich  Ribs cooked hanging on the WSM
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »

Lowbrass - plates, napkins, bacon wrapped smokies
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

db3694

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 03:05:06 AM »

Db3694- Eating Utensils and a Desert ( My wife maybe working and my daughter has a soccer game. I may have to leave and come back.) 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
Hosted: jeffrackmo I will do ICE and Foil.  I have the industrial size.  Should have plenty.

Db3694- Eating Utensils and a Desert ( My wife maybe working and my daughter has a soccer game. I may have to leave and come back.) 
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 03:52:14 AM »
Host - jeffrackmo I will do ICE and Foil.  I have the industrial size.  Should have plenty.
Red Kettle Rich - Ribs cooked hanging on the WSM

Who else is in? 
@ewstevens3  @garykirby   @haeffb   @kemmons   @monster   @nolch01    @Normal_J_Bird   @TD15   @ramsfan  @Scott Zee   @SmokeVide    @SteveZ    @TheDude   @tomtappel

@Travis  - hope your family shtuff wraps up early... if it does, get your ass to Jeff's house!  If not, we'll pour out a 40 for ya.......
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:01:57 AM by Bob BQ »

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 04:12:24 AM »
@Bob BQ  Thanks for all your help!!!

I, as you have been in your words.  "Stupid Busy" 

And Yes @Travis get done and get to the Meat Up!!!  Your presence is not just requested... Its mandatory!!   I would really hate to see a 40.... just poured out... :( hehe  :)

On a philanthropic Note;

Mrs. GrillFella and I are very active in Lions Clubs International.  We support community as well as global efforts.  I will have a Donation Box for used Eye Glasses, Old Cell Phones as well Hearing Aids that are no longer needed.  We recycle eyeglasses to be distributed around the globe to those that can't obtain them whether physically, locally or financially.

I won't go into my "Hey do you know what Lions Clubs International does?" Sh-peel....  Just know that we serving our communities near and not so near.

Your attendance at the Meet Up is truly appreciated and LCI donations are gladly accepted.

Regards,

Jeff (Jeffrackmo) 
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 05:35:10 AM »
I will do my best, but don't pour out any liquor! Save that for the cooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewstevens3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 09:29:00 AM »
I can bring a couple of BBQ meatloaves...Stupid question: are we cooking there or bring it already done?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1x Blue 3rd Gen Performer (C&B "AU"), 1x Dark Green OKP (Lowes CUxxxxx), 1x Blue 2nd Gen Performer (origin...? "DR"), 1x Lime Green "Chariot" Seville ('81 B-Code, I think)

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 10:17:48 AM »
Unfortunately I am out.   Crazy fall school/soccer schedules did not work out for Sunday.  Really bummed to miss this and the chance to meet everyone.   

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 11:03:43 AM »
I can bring a couple of BBQ meatloaves...Stupid question: are we cooking there or bring it already done

Legitimate question. The answer is... your call. I imagine it will be somewhat of an all day grazing affair. I'm all for firing up a grill and cooking while on site.  Show off your skills, impart some tips on how to cook a BBQ meat loaf for those of us who don't know how, that kind of thing. I guess it depends on when you plan on arriving, how long it will take to cook, etc.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 11:24:19 AM »
Bbq meat loaf is one of favs...  just did one on Monday!!!  Bring on n we can throw it on!!!

The pizza que is on deck too.!!! It would be my pleasure to have someone show ME how to do a pie!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:21 AM »
Unfortunately I am out.   Crazy fall school/soccer schedules did not work out for Sunday.  Really bummed to miss this and the chance to meet everyone.   

Chris, thats a bunmer....  will miss not meeting you.. 😟

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »
Host - jeffrackmo I will do ICE and Foil.  I have the industrial size.  Should have plenty.
ewstevens3 - BBQ meat loaf

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 01:57:35 PM »
ewstevens3 - BBQ meat loaf
SteveZ Brats and baked beans
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,