Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bracing Legs?  (Read 2124 times)

mfridman

• Smokey Joe
Bracing Legs?
« on: August 28, 2017, 12:01:46 PM »
I am going to pick up a 22" Original style kettle, to use as a dedicated Pizza rig / second grill.  Because my pizza steel + bricks are fairly heavy, I think it might be wise to add braces to the legs to keep the grill stable.  I have seen others on the board here who added braces... what is the best way to attach them?  I don't want to drill too many holes in the legs... maybe one could use pipe straps?  Or some sort of bracket?

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bracing Legs?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
Or a CL Performer.
A Za cooker uses lots of fuel.
You're gonna want some way to sweep the
ash other than into the saucer ash pan.
The enclosed ash can is almost a must.

mfridman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »
Or a CL Performer.
A Za cooker uses lots of fuel.
You're gonna want some way to sweep the
ash other than into the saucer ash pan.
The enclosed ash can is almost a must.

I was planning on using a galvanized ash bucket under the base, perhaps.  I am getting the Original for a really good price on CL!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »
I like the idea of the galvanized bucket. I'm looking for one for my OTS cookers. I picked up a grill on CL and they just put small sheet metal screws in the leg sockets for the legs. That grill doesn't wobble at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:56:32 AM »
+1
Sounds like a plan.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »
I'm not sure what would need bracing as long as the leg sockets are solid and the triangle is attached. The bowl bears on the legs and legs bear on the ground. The triangle prevents the legs from spreading out. If legs are loose than sheet metal screws like mentioned above or you could remove legs and put a wrap of foil tape around the top and reinsert into socket for a tighter fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »
@mfridman I haven't seen the leg braces you mention, if you'll dig up a pic of the braces you seen I'll see what I can come up with.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need