Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PSA- Don't use oven cleaner on the exterior of the Genesis  (Read 4715 times)

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
Re: PSA- Don't use oven cleaner on the exterior of the Genesis
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »
Silver high heat spray paint fix it. It's a little lighter than the frame's grey but looks OK I was more annoyed that a 1hr cleanup turned into a full night of grill teardown/repaint/reassembly. I gave this one to a friend as a housewarming gift.

Lawrence, do you happen to have a picture of the restored grill with the freshly painted cookbox/lid and frame?  I'm contemplating repainting a recently acquired Genesis S-320 and wanted to see what color high heat paint you went with and how it looks.  Rustoleum seems to have 2 high heat silverish grey colors.  One is matte and the other is glossy.  Which one did you happen to go with? 

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
Don't think I have any pics of it, but I repainted the lid and control panel end caps and lower grill box with Gloss black high heat Ultra and it looked pretty good.   Skin color on the Genny was Smoke Grey.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »
Silver high heat spray paint fix it. It's a little lighter than the frame's grey but looks OK I was more annoyed that a 1hr cleanup turned into a full night of grill teardown/repaint/reassembly. I gave this one to a friend as a housewarming gift.

Lawrence, do you happen to have a picture of the restored grill with the freshly painted cookbox/lid and frame?  I'm contemplating repainting a recently acquired Genesis S-320 and wanted to see what color high heat paint you went with and how it looks.  Rustoleum seems to have 2 high heat silverish grey colors.  One is matte and the other is glossy.  Which one did you happen to go with?

It was definitely the silvery non-glossy one. It almost looks like blasted aluminum. @crumbsnatcher
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791