Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: GGA FM Find and Walmart Clearance Deal  (Read 1569 times)

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
GGA FM Find and Walmart Clearance Deal
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:10:01 PM »
Saturday I saw this post on Facebook Marketplace and jumped on it. For $5 who would not take the chance.   Looked to be pre-2013 which seems to be a better version compared to the current GGA which lost the wire grate and flavorizor plate. 

Met up with the seller Sunday.  Nice guy, late 30's. Father of 7 based on the window decals on the passenger van he was driving.  He apologized that the grill was dusty from their shed and still dirty inside from a camping cook about 5 ago.  He tells me that they decided to finally get rid of their camping gear and did not want to just donate it.  Explains that he and his wife just started to get into camping when they found out they were pregnant with their 1st.  6 more kids later and they are purging their home. 

I did not pay attention to the pict in the post as I was shocked to see the GGA for 5 bucks.  I was surprised that the Coleman air mattress was a nice extra tall queen with built in pump. Second mattress is a basic twin.   He threw in 3 full tanks and a half empty tank of LP.  I ended up with over $100 worth of gear that had only been used a couple times for $5.   Score!

Decided to stop by the local Walmart on the way home and cruise the grill and clearance section.  Saw they had some Weber stuff on sale.  Only covers and extension hoses for the Weber Q.  Starring at the box for the Weber 6501 hose I notice it also lists compatibility with the GGA.  Price for this was also $5.  Double Score!!

Got home and did a quick wipe down of the outside, a quick scrape/heat/wipe down if the inside and I realize the GGA must have only seen as few cooks. Looks great.

This will make a nice small quick cooker addition to the JJ, MT and E-310 I already own.  Did some digging on the forum and saw the hose kit also works with the gas start on the newer performers. 

Does anyone have any thoughts as to a more precise date on the grill and any tips/advice for cooking on a GGA?   Would like to register the grill with Weber but stuck with no serial #. Nothing etched on the burner and no original packaging.   

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:32:33 PM by nolch01 »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: GGA FM Find and Walmart Clearance Deal
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:29:33 PM »
Wow that’s a great score!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:13:37 PM »
[emoji106]🏾[emoji106]🏾

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »
Excellent acquisition! Killer price to boot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 04:01:51 AM »
verrrry nice!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM