Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old version of the iGrill app  (Read 5447 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Old version of the iGrill app
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:50:58 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I made the mistake of hitting "Update All" and got screwed over with the upgraded version of the iGrill app.  It's an unmitigated disaster.  Frankly, I'm surprised that anybody was willing to authorize releasing this piece of garbage to customer devices.  It's incredibly feature-incomplete and buggy.  Like I said, unmitigated disaster.  I thought it was an internal prototype build they accidentally posted on the app store because there's no way this could be a production version of software that's in shape to push out to customer devices - except, apparently, it is.

Does anybody have a copy of the .ipa file for the previous version?  I've been unable to find it in my computer's library and I need to try and revert back to 3.2.1 because I can't do a lot of the things I used to and need to with the 4.x revision.

Thanks.

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
Re: Old version of the iGrill app
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »
Looks like I did the same thing. I have not tried it yet but they don't even have a picture of the iGrill that I have under "Select your device". Overwhelming majority of the reviews for the new version are 1/5 stars.

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 01:11:32 PM »
I don't think the old app actually works

It's still on my phone and iPad and I had to update to the forkin Weber app which absolutely sucks

Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
Also it appears the developer has stopped letting you review the app in the iOS app store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LabRat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
Not surprised they shut down reviews since 99.9% of them were blasting the new version. If you go into the app itself, however, you can submit feedback to the developers. I did that. They responded pretty quickly and hopefully they are taking all the negative feedback to fix everything they broke in this version.
John
In SE PA....On the wrong side of the MasonDixon line

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 03:21:10 AM »
Weber responded to my exceptionally negative review promptly.

They mentioned 2-4 weeks and all will be fixed

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

LabRat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 03:31:19 AM »
Good news

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
John

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 03:46:27 AM »
It should not take 2-4 weeks to roll it back.
The way they have handled this sucks.
It has already been almost 2 weeks.
I had no complaints or issues with the previous version.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

LabRat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 03:49:42 AM »
True, but they mentioned wanting to stick with the new interface/graphics and the add back the functionality. When they responded to me several weeks ago, they mentioned wanting to perfect the new interface first.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
John

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 05:05:26 AM »
Never understood needing apps to BBQ/Grill. Guess I'm just old fashioned and do it the way I've always done it.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

LabRat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 05:12:38 AM »
As a relative newbie to the charcoal world, the app has helped me learn the correct settings on my kettle to control and hold different temperatures. It allows me to "play" with conditions and see how they effect the temperature of my cook. So, need it, no, but I think it has really helped my learning.

John

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
The app makes it easier to restore kettles in the garage while you have a brisket or a shoulder on in the back yard. No walking back and forth to check pit temps. Tracking temps is easier than writing in a log book.
The dip in the pit temp is when I opened the lid to take a peek.
Ignored it all day except for that.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

OldAPK

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »
Ok everyone.  Here's what you do (If you're on Android; if Apple see separate post below)

Google "igrill APK 3.2.2".   You'll find sites that host the old version.

The first site you find should be fine

Download the app then if you're suspicious about viruses you can have the file scanned for example by two online all checkers: try Virus total or NVISO ApkScan

Then install and you're back to the good working previous version

I'd also recommend an app like My Backup so that you always have old APK backups on your phone so when idiots like Weber update and wreck their software you aren't vulnerable.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:13:51 PM by OldAPK »

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 09:17:40 AM »
@OldAPK .. your apk is for android right? Is there anything for us Apple fanboys?

OldAPK

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:20 PM »
Sorry fljoemon, yes I was writing about android (and I modified my post)

If you're on Apple hopefully you've been syncing with iTunes on your computer; It's been a while since i've used iPhone but the old version of iGrill (3.2.2 for example) should be on your computer.    Find your iTunes folder, then go into MobileAppsBackups, then MobileApplications, and then there should be a bunch of ipa files, and try to find the one that looks something like igrill 3.2.2.ipa or the like.   Then delete the app off your iphone, and double click on the 3.2.2 file and sync with iTunes.  I'd also suggest if you can turn off auto-update or iTunes will put the new version back on your phone the next time you update.

I have to apologize but it's been years since I've used an iphone, and furthermore I use a windows laptop, so if you're on an iMac or if they've changed iTunes in the past few years then the above may not be entirely accurate.  I hope it helps.

I know how frustrating it is that Weber have chosen to totally and completely screw up their app.  Idiots.  I even called them the other day and complained, and the goober who took the call (admittedly not a tech guy I'm sure) said that the engineers at weber don't have any of the old versions of the apps.  Utter nonsense.  Fools.