Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old version of the iGrill app  (Read 5446 times)

Smoke23

• Happy Cooker
Old version of the iGrill app
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
PM sent... Thanks in advance @ Lightning!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MDurso

• WKC Brave
Re: Old version of the iGrill app
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 07:29:51 AM »
I hope it all works out.

I had the concept of iGrill (I did not call it that) back in 2006 and it looks like they went through my confiscated notebooks.  I suggested such a device, along with several ways of harnessing the data:  multiple probes, configuring temps, phone apps or a unit that would receive it (which was their wireless thermometer at the time) and thirdly, a Bluetooth PC and Apple product.  My boss at the time thought it was so hip to carry around that thermometer unit on his belt.  Yeah cool buddy.  Right next to your pager, lol.

But app development and testing is extensive.  I did quite a bit of this in my later work when developing hearing aids and microphones and a lot for cellphones.  At least back in 2006/8, Weber was in no position of doing that work in-house and I'm not sure if anyone there at the time understood any of it.  Remember: "Fire, good.  Ugh!  Hott.  ARRRRGH.. cook food."

Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Old version of the iGrill app
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
Were any of you who used my copy of the old iGrill app able to get it working?

It sounds like one person wasn't able to, and that the app might be serialized to my iTunes account.  If that's the case, it might not install or run for anybody but me and that would moot the point of sharing it.