Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tomahawk Steaks On The Road  (Read 1959 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Tomahawk Steaks On The Road
« on: August 20, 2017, 08:21:22 PM »
Took one of my step daughters down to their Aunts place for a family get together today. I also took a Blue MT and a Green 18 OTG and 3 Costco Tomahawk steaks.....with my trusty blue Thermapen, some oak cask wood, Dizzy Pig Cowlick Beef Rub and 'speriecne...........I nailed the cook. Did some Blue Cheese butter to accompany the meat. Did 2 pieces medium rare and 1 medium. My ex's sister said it was as good as Morton's.....holy crap.....much of the credit for that goes to the cut of meat...I had intended to get a couple small prime rib roast but the intramuscular fat patterns on these babies was far to appealing to a dude like me..........

My camera went dead so these are shots my nephew got at my request. @greenweb - I nailed it dude....and am back home enjoying my bourbon thank you.

Old GreenDude came and visited Old Hoss boys and left party treats plus vegetables and legumes from his family garden....he can stop in anytime!!!! I very much like the guy.....heck I want to adopt him for some reason and make him part of the family. Shit. I am drinking some of the kick ass bourbon the dude left me.....he leaves Darko Kettles and charcoal and I get food and booze. He's a keeper. That's it. Anybody messes with GreenDude I squish em'.

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Tomahawk Steaks On The Road
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:03:39 PM »
Nice cookup.

And it's funny, I hauled my Dad's '86 22 over to a friends house Saturday night to cook up three tomahawks. And the steaks came with blue cheese compound butter.

The steaks were from my neighborhood butcher, had similar marbling, had longer bones, and likely cost a hell of a lot more than Costco. I'm not always smart enough to check Costco first.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:19:43 PM »
They look fantastic! Great job and loved the write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 01:12:58 AM »

Nice to see the blue MT in action.  Hard to part with 'er, eh ?!!
Great looking cook-up.  Just grate …

Those steaks keep calling me when I pass the meat counter at Costco.
However, I do not like cooking "mechanically tenderized" meat.  Read the fine print.  It's there.

YMMV
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 01:43:27 AM »
Love, love! Me some tomahawk steak. Great looking cook @MrHoss
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 07:03:49 AM »
Great looking steaks!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 11:18:13 AM »
Also last night I Also last night I cooked Tomahawk and I wanted to write a post but if you do not mind I attach here the photos of my cooking .... reverse searing then direct to complete the cooking! Oil, big salt and a pinch of pepper .... sublime!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ are never enough

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »
Looks great! I need to find some tomahawks!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
However, I do not like cooking "mechanically tenderized" meat.  Read the fine print.  It's there.

You know I can't read shit inside 4 feet!!!! Fucking Kiljoy. Leave me be in my ignorance. Holy shit!!!!

And yes I still like the Blue MT.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
MrHoss, you nailed the cook. Looks just about perfect. Same goes for Prof's cook. Nicely done guys.

For the Record, Darko was the one who gifted me with  1 bag of Weber briquettes, 1 bag of Basques briquettes, 1 bag of maple leaf briquettes, and 1 bag of royal oak briquettes.  Also, I have to give props to MrHoss for being a great dude - a true Weber Fanatic.  He also send me away with 2 bags of Stubb's briquettes and Coshell coconut briquettes which I never used before. Much appreciated.

Count on me stopping by for lunch or dinner cook if I am headed your way again on my own. I can stop by the market and get some meat.  :) :) :)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »

You know I can't read shit inside 4 feet!!!! Fucking Kiljoy. Leave me be in my ignorance. Holy shit!!!!

And yes I still like the Blue MT.

Just sayin' ….

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Love-a-Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
I wish we had a costco near by I would love to cook up some of those

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 04:29:00 AM »
FYI - they have tomahawk ribeye steaks at Sam's Club also.