Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Saying Hello To A New / Old Friend  (Read 1073 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Saying Hello To A New / Old Friend
« on: August 18, 2017, 06:38:28 AM »
So I've had a 22 WSM in the past, but let it go to make some other grill purchases. Well, recently I found a deal on eBay that I couldn't pass up.  A fairly big wholesaler had listed a couple of 22 WSMs, but for some reason had a picture of kitty litter instead of the WSM. Between that and the fact it was only a 1 day auction, I was able to pick it up cheap, and shipping was free. So I waited anxiously, just hoping I'd actually receive a WSM and not a bag of kitty litter. It arrived at the UPS pickup location yesterday, so I held my breath and went to go pick it up. I was relieved to see it was a WSM, but a little concerned that the box looked pretty beat. When I looked inside, it was clear that things had been taken out and not packed in as they originally were. So I took it home and hoped for the best.

I totally lucked out. Everything was there and in really good shape. The only issue was the center section was a little out of round. After a few quick bear hugs, I got it back into shape and slapped a couple of Zav handles on it that I had laying around.

So now I'll be torn on what to smoke on. I just got my Charcoal Summit this year. Not a horrible problem to have though. Maybe I'll just need to have a big party so I need to use both. Brisket on the Summit and Ribs on the WSM.  And that'll give me an excuse to start using some of the huge stack of charcoal in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:43:25 AM by mcgolden »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Saying Hello To A New Old Friend
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 06:40:49 AM »
Great score! Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow