Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Do you cover your grill?  (Read 8301 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Do you cover your grill?
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2018, 05:31:26 PM »
Uncovered, garage kept. If I could keep them outside, I would, but I live in Chicago where a neighbor once had the meat stolen off his grill....as it was cooking!
What?! Who does that?! If  the thief was that hungry, I bet any grillfella woulda shared a meal with him once it finished cooking! Geez!

Negative. Those covers always flew off anyway. I do store them in my shed though, but my regular grill just sits out year round.
That's nice to have a shed. I'll have one hopefully one day. I think the new Weber covers have a strap that prevents them from flying away though.
Yes, it is nice to have a shed, butt unfortunately, my kettles are outside of it. The shed is occupied with tools and other things. Yes, the new covers do have straps to keep them in place.
My old neighbor had a cover with a strap, and, in our experience, those were worse. The wind would pick up not just the cover, but knock over the grill as well! Fun times!!
[emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] I better keep an eye on my grills then!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2018, 07:15:12 AM »
IMG_0427.jpg" border="0IMG_0429.jpg" border="0
IMG_0430.jpg" border="0
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »
Negative. Those covers always flew off anyway. ...

Clamps are your friends!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2018, 08:51:33 AM »

Negative. Those covers always flew off anyway. ...

Clamps are your friends!
thought of that. In my experience, the covers turned into parachutes and knocked the grills over.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.