Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Where to get a Pellet Pro Stacker Ring for 22" WSM?  (Read 2722 times)

duff645

• Smokey Joe
Where to get a Pellet Pro Stacker Ring for 22" WSM?
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:00:27 AM »
I tried searching/oogling for a Pellet Pro Hopper & Stacker Ring for a 22" WSM.  I saw it on you tube and this site under "Pellet hopper WSM" thread, contacted both SmokeDaddy and CajunBandit but I have not seen the actual configuration available.

Any kind suggestions?

Duffster!!
ad fumant, condimentum in, ut serviant

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Where to get a Pellet Pro Stacker Ring for 22" WSM?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 05:27:37 AM »
I believe @swamprb has one, not sure if it is on a 22 but he may be able to help.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 05:41:25 AM »
doesn't exactly help cuz your in another state but this one is by stoven

swamprb

• WKC Performer
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:52:55 AM »
I can't help but asking, "why?" Why convert a wsm into a pellet smoker?

duff645

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 09:06:27 AM »
Replacing my old UDS with a pellet driven smoker.  Mainly for controlled temp airflow during the cold winter months in Michigan. I need something to do a batch of 4 briskets or 8 pork butts. I have other Weber grills that I can smoke/grill smaller quantities and a custom trailer for huge batches. Plus I can still use my 22" WSM without the stacker, I choose to do so (hence the inquiry in getting a stacker ring).  I really want to modify/drill onto the stacker and not on my wsm.

Update:  neither SmokeDaddy nor CajunBandit have any stackers left (both have discontinued this accessory). I guess SmokeEZ has the only 22" barrel extensions available ... unless someone here wants to sell me their stacker!!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 04:04:22 AM »
@duff645 Since they aren't making the Pellet Pro/Cajun Bandit Stacker any longer, I'm hanging onto it, but I would suggest getting a donor kettle and cutting out an opening in the bowl for the hopper to mount to.

I mounted this to a Genesis frame, the hopper sits on the lower frame and is secured on both sides with fasteners, the bowl is secured to a strap attached to the frame. Very secure.

I've added a steel disc heat deflector the same distance as the grates under where the waterpan would have been and have 2 full grates. I put a foiled tray for a drip pan over the deflector.

I like this setup better than the Stacker conversion.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

duff645

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 05:33:21 PM »
@swamprb:  WOWZA .... great suggestions!  Going to look for a Genesis or "non-full" length Performer frames locally now.  It's going to be a great fall project for my father-in-law and myself.