Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Surprise came in the mail ?  (Read 3501 times)

Al b que

• WKC Brave
Surprise came in the mail ?
« on: August 11, 2017, 05:23:07 PM »
long story short. Wife left some clothes at her Sisters in Bristol. so being the good guy I am I told her I'd take her back and let's get them. little did she know I had been talking to a guy in VA about an 18 and a half WSM di code. Sitting on the porch I tell Jackie wow I found a WSM for 100 bucks use three times for. $100 later I got me a cool smoker mention the CB door and she surprised me she said late birthday gift ain't she sweet.

Sent from my VS986 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Al b que

• WKC Brave
Re: Surprise came in the mail ?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 05:50:54 PM »
That was before the Cajun Bandit door Cajun Bandit install fits like a glove can't wait to smoke it in!! Also looking for small silicone grommets for temp probes anybody got any ideas?

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
Looks great! What’s the first cook going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:56:59 PM »
Thinking of doing a couple brisket points. And put sausage rolls on the bottom rack .

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »
Can't wait to get a handle from the man Brian. What do you all guys and gals think would look good on black WSM?

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:59:33 PM »
@Al b que

Congrats! I have the exact
same setup (CB door & latch) for my 18WSM and I love it!

As for the temp probes...look into the guru eyelets. That's the next thing I'm getting for mine.
I'm getting tired of munching the wires of my Thermoworks Smoke.

Enjoy your new cooker!

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 02:50:12 AM »

Yep, Brian's Handles look good on a WSM..

I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »
 @Mike in Roseville   My "smoke" probes are bigger in diameter (near where the probe connects to the wire) than my Maverick ET-733 probes.  Two ET-733 probes will fit into a 1/4" inside diameter hole, but NOT the Smoke probes (in fact, not even one will fit into mine).  Check to make certain that the GuRu eyelets are large enough before you purchase.  If you find the inside diameter, please let us know here  ;) .

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 06:07:15 AM »
@Mike in Roseville   My "smoke" probes are bigger in diameter (near where the probe connects to the wire) than my Maverick ET-733 probes.  Two ET-733 probes will fit into a 1/4" inside diameter hole, but NOT the Smoke probes (in fact, not even one will fit into mine).  Check to make certain that the GuRu eyelets are large enough before you purchase.  If you find the inside diameter, please let us know here  ;) .

SJ

Arrrggggh! Lol. Thanks @SmokenJoe. I just checked...you were right. There is absolutely no way these probes are fitting through the eyelets. The guru people told me on the phone they would be fine. Looks like I need to call them back and let them know.

Happy Friday!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 06:17:15 AM »
I've been considering the weber grommet. I assume it's large enough to accommodate all probes?

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »
Hey ALL, @Troy is running a thread right now in search of the answer to this question  ...   I ran across it last night after I posted here.   Might try Mod-Month Year section ???  :)

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »
Nice pickup. Way to be subtle about the purchase with the wife.

Can't wait to get a handle from the man Brian. What do you all guys and gals think would look good on black WSM?

Answer: Anything from Brian. ZavHandles are very nice.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »
I've been considering the weber grommet. I assume it's large enough to accommodate all probes?

the weber silcone grommet has 2 different service holes.. if i recall correctly.. all my wsms have the silicone grommets but i never use them .. just drop the maverick probes through the top vent holes / and just let the lid sit on the wire..

i found the grommets to be a pia for inserting and removing..

back to point.. 1 of the holes is smaller.. the 2nd service hole has a long vertical slit built in.. about 1 inch or so.. so that service hole will open up further as required..probably for larger probe access.

if installing..id recommend a hole saw bit kit.. and then matching up the oem hole with the correct bit

else use a std bit kit and gradually step up to the largest bit size and then use a half round metal file to open up the hole until you can catch the grommet in snugly.

use tape when drilling to prevent large chipping of the enamel
Grills