Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Leg of lamb tonight!  (Read 1413 times)

HankB

• WKC Performer
Leg of lamb tonight!
« on: April 25, 2013, 07:31:07 PM »
I'm really enjoying visiting or son because I get to cook on a Weber every night. So far I've been doing everything on his SS Performer and it serves to remind how versatile a 22.5" kettle really is. Tonight I made Lamb Provencale. That's poked full of holes which are then stuffed with Kalamata olives, garlic and sprigs of fresh rosemary. I made a marinade/baste with EVOO, cider vinegar, a little Balsamic vinegar and some garlic, rosemary, thyme and oregano that I spread on the lamb prior to starting the fire. I cooked with one basket of briquettes (replenished a couple hours into the cook) with oak, maple, cherry and a little hickory for smoking wood. I had the bottom vent cracked open which provided a temperature measured at the lid vent of about 400°F. At three hours the meat measured 135°F internal and I pulled it to rest while we prepared sides.

I really like lamb and have used this recipe before and found it to produce good results. The lamb was purchased at a 4-H (young peoples farm club) fair and I'm told that all of the meat that came from it was very tender as was this leg.
kettles, smokers...

Craig

• WKC Mod
Leg of lamb tonight!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »
That looks tasty!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Leg of lamb tonight!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 06:27:33 PM »
Looks great Hank!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Leg of lamb tonight!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »
It was good - thanks. And I used stock form the bone to make lentil soup and that was good too.  ;D
kettles, smokers...