Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lower price on Weber charcoal.  (Read 1301 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Lower price on Weber charcoal.
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:26:07 AM »

My local Home Depot lowered the price on Weber charcoal from 20 to 15. Saw post the target did the same. Sounds like the manufacturer may have recalibrated the price. Happy to hear. sounds like a great product but seemed very expensive. It's definitely worth giving a try now, once I'm done with the four dollar Royal Oak I stocked up on in May :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Raindog

• WKC Brave
Re: Lower price on Weber charcoal.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »

My local Home Depot lowered the price on Weber charcoal from 20 to 15. Saw post the target did the same. Sounds like the manufacturer may have recalibrated the price. Happy to hear. sounds like a great product but seemed very expensive. It's definitely worth giving a try now, once I'm done with the four dollar Royal Oak I stocked up on in May :-)

My local Target just went to $9.98.  I bought 1 bag as a museum piece. May buy more to use if they drop again.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 12:19:43 PM »
Wow. I hope they do that in Canada as well.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »

Hope so for you guys !!
....I've heard rumours of as low as $4.99, but I'm getting tired of marching to the BACK CORNER of Target, loading a bag, traipsing up the aisle to the price reader only to be told 20 bucks....it's sitting in an area marked "Clearance" between a bunch of lawn chairs, but they just won't drop it down !!! 
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »
If you want to try it, you might want to go ahead and get some. Sounds like Weber might be backing out of a boondoggle.

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 01:13:43 PM »

Hope so for you guys !!
....I've heard rumours of as low as $4.99, but I'm getting tired of marching to the BACK CORNER of Target, loading a bag, traipsing up the aisle to the price reader only to be told 20 bucks....it's sitting in an area marked "Clearance" between a bunch of lawn chairs, but they just won't drop it down !!!

The Brickseek link was very accurate for my local Target store. I too ran in a few times and had bag scanned only to show $19.99. But the minute I saw the Brickseek change to $9.98 I went over and sure enough it was. I checked when I got home and I think it reflected the bag I bought coming out of inventory.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=009-06-1387

SacramentoWeber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 01:20:58 PM »
@1buckie  let me know if you see it go marked down over here and so will do the same.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »

Hope so for you guys !!

The Brickseek link was very accurate for my local Target store. I too ran in a few times and had bag scanned only to show $19.99. But the minute I saw the Brickseek change to $9.98 I went over and sure enough it was. I checked when I got home and I think it reflected the bag I bought coming out of inventory.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=009-06-1387

Thanks man....

Might just go with what the OP shows.....every Target for MILES in any direction is $19.99
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"