Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Using parchment paper for pizza  (Read 7205 times)

bigssa

• WKC Brave
Re: Using parchment paper for pizza
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
Question is does "Oven Safe" mean the paper just begins deteriorating at 420* or does it cause harmful stuff to start being released at that temp.  I have no proof but I'd guess it just deteriorating at that temp but by that time the paper has done its job for the pizza and it's not needed anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I had the same thought. The paper will definitely start to brown and burn at the edges in those high temps. If it was releasing any harmful substances then it would probably not be food safe at 400 degrees.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Using parchment paper for pizza
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »

Maybe this is a dumb question, I think I will give the parchment paper a try next time, but do you flour or use cooking spray on the parchment or just put the doe directly on the paper?

No need to oil or flour the parchment paper at all. Just leave it on the parchment and it will separate completely once the bottom of the pizza starts baking.

Thanks. That's what I was assuming. I've had success with corn meal but parchment paper seems like it would be a hell of a lot easier. I'll have to give it a try and see which way I like better. Also it seems like it would be easier to have a few pies ready to go on parchment.