Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Summit Gas Grill Leaking?  (Read 1440 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Weber Summit Gas Grill Leaking?
« on: July 12, 2017, 10:26:53 AM »
I have a 2010 Weber Summit Gas Grill.  For some reason it seems that my propane tank is emptying much faster than normal. I have used several different tanks and it has happened on each one.  I always shut it off at the tank and on the grill after every use.  Has anyone else experienced this? What could be causing it?
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Summit Gas Grill Leaking?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:28:47 PM »
WHat makes you think its using or leaking fuel?
Can you smell propane when its off but the tank is open?
Are you cranking all the burners up to high when you use it?
We need more info. I would  contact Weber and see what they say.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 02:27:55 AM »
My Summit Center uses gas at a much higher rate too. I chalk it up to the six high BTU burners and high output side burner. I rarely have al six burners on high, maybe when I first light it, even then for just a few minutes. Most often I'm using only two or three burners on a much lower setting to keep it to 350 or so. But yes, when I have four+ burners going, and the sear burner, and the side burners, it sucks gas way beyond the Genesis grills I've used. I love it!

Marty
Retired

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:59:44 AM »
I think it is leaking because I have used it probably a total of 4-5 times over the past three months and they have all been for relatively quick cooks like chicken and steaks and the propane tank is already empty. I would have expected it to last longer than 4-5 cooks, even if all four burners are on high.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 04:05:00 AM »
I would try a soap water test on all the connections. If you see bubbles, you have a leak. Call Weber first though...and be careful.
Retired

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 08:36:01 AM »
Tb, are you referencing anything for a basis of comparison? Is this your first year with the Summit?  Also, what about your propane tanks.  Are you having them refilled?  Are you swapping them at an exchange place?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:39:00 AM by demosthenes9 »