Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not always a success using the WSM.  (Read 3160 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: Not always a success using the WSM.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 03:33:05 PM »
Im in a diff view on this..

You can smoke meat at ...225/250/275/300...those are all smoke temps...ive run my smoker at all those temps and meat comes out great under all temps...i tend to run mid 200s at the lowest temp these days unless im smoking jerky treats for the puppy where intarget 150-200s.

Ive smoked ribs at lows 200s..mid 200s and now tend run hotter 275/300s..i prefer the higher temps.
Also prefer to smoke ribs without the water pan...find the ribs catch better flavor with the fat and juicy dropping directly into the coals...meshing that juice back intonthe hot coals..which reflavorizes back into the ribs

Imo undercooking ..overcooking is a matter of IT monitoring.

This is where the maverick double temp probe earns it keep...theres many ways to monitor it temp...remote therms are extremelyconvenient.

Umdercookong /overcooking can happen with the same meat that are diff size slabs.

I smoked slabs of short ribs this past weekend...and had probe in each slab bc diff size...

The smaller one hit 203 about 40 mins faster than the large slab

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:04:00 PM by toolhead »
Grills

BillA from CA

• Smokey Joe
Re: Not always a success using the WSM.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »
my wife's favorite chicken was the time i had to stoop to using a nonWeber device and it would not get above 240 F.  it was bone in/ skin on thighs done for about 2 hrs.  i have to admit they were excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Still searching for a food that does NOT taste better when grilled or smoked