Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mac Calls......Hoss Responds  (Read 3358 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Mac Calls......Hoss Responds
« on: June 24, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »
I worked early afternoon till seven today.....and didn't really feel that great. Got home, let the dogs out and fired some charcoal for a couple burgers and was thinking about going to a see a buddy at a his girls birthday party. I got a call and while on the phone I went on my computer to see a batch of emails from MacEggs. A faded 18 MBH....not far from me....in need of rescue. Shit....I've been foiled up and waiting....put me in coach. Hot damn. I'm getting old and this is Canada man so there's only so many chances for a chase.

Round tab lid vent Bar B Kettle. Modern wheels. 1975 transition.

After I gave the money for the Kettle I talked with the owner. Guy who had it bought it ten years ago and said it cooked amazing steaks. He started to tell me how to use it then I told him I had over 30 of the things. At first the guy was shocked that it was from 1975 but I told him about the top vent and the wheels.......that made it cool. He liked that it was gonna go to a home that would appreciate it. Guy told me he got an Egg. I frowned and started extolling the virtues of the humble Weber....going on about 18's and indirect cooking. He looked sad to see the old warrior go but was glad she'd be rebuilt.....better....stronger than before.

Guy asked twenty....Mac said offer ten. I paid ten. Hoss does what he's told....sometimes.

Edit: Actually I did not do as told....as I offered fifteen and the guy took a ten dollar bill but not my car change. He did not want a mitt full of change any more than I did.

Time from me seeing the email to having the Kettle in my possession.......half an hour. When I got there the fella said, "that was fast", I thought to myself.......Mac DID call on me and this is a WEBER. Plus this being Canada and my city not producing any MBH's I can think of.....ever...... I was compelled to act.

Mac's due to be coming down for a little visit soon. This is probably gonna go home with him. Last year saw me snag something for him leading up to a visit as well..............do I sees me a Weber Kettle visit scoutathon or some damn thing going on here? Smart dude I say!!!!! I like the people in my life and the way they think. Not too many of them and they just so happens they are often curmudgeonly unsocial maladjusted pains in the asses oftentimes....just like me. Hah ahah  ahh ahahahha. My neighborhood talks about when Mac comes down to see me the whole year afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:03:13 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mac Calls......Hoss Responds
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »
" I like the people in my life and the way they think. Not too many of them and they just so happens they are often curmudgeonly unsocial maladjusted pains in the asses oftentimes....just like me. Hah ahah  ahh ahahahha. My neighborhood talks about when Mac comes down to see me the whole year afterwards."

....and there's always the possibility of a few pickled eggs.....glad you two get together from time to time the Kettle shots are grate!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 12:55:37 AM »
Great find @MrHoss, i was to busy doing yard work,didn't see it. Great find!!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 01:47:53 AM »

That is epic!

Mac's due to be coming down for a little visit soon. This is probably gonna go home with him.

Dude, that is awfully nice of you to say this.
After reading the story above, I think you should keep it ….

However, we can discuss it over some of this ….

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 02:57:40 AM »
Great rescue! I saw the ad. late last night and also thought about you as it was in your area. I figured you would be already on it.

I also scored/rescured OTG and a 3 wheeler OTS 18"s few nights ago in my area.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:13:38 AM by greenweb »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:56:26 AM »
Great team work and good story. This is what the WKC is about, helping each other out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 05:42:27 AM »
Nice guys!
Looks to be nicely weathered!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
Nice teamwork fella's. What's it's about. I like it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »
I'da been all over that grill like a school boy on the recess lady's breasts....
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »
Got a request for some better pictures...

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 10:38:18 AM »
Mr Hoss that is a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »

Oh man, it's nicer than I first thought … I'm glad you put down your UFO / bigfoot picture-taking-camera …. These look much better …

Missing a leg cap … Coulda knocked another $5 off …. Just sayin'.   ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
I'm glad you put down your UFO / bigfoot picture-taking-camera …. These look much better …

Same camera man. Under low light conditions it does not do great and the flash just washes stuff out.....I did the best I could. This camera has a bunch of buttons, controls and whatnot that I can decipher and manipulate......much like my Maverick 733. I am concerned that if I get something new it may confuse me....perhaps making me cry.

Also I believe I see the remnants of a Weber logo on the handle. I love it. Old lid vent, newer wheels and logo on the wood.......fucking bbq nerds.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 12:42:30 PM »
.....much like my Maverick 733. I am concerned that if I get something new it may confuse me....perhaps making me cry.

That's a good topic for a whole nuther thread or two...
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 02:57:54 PM »

Could this be the ever elusive REAL Grey 18 MBH @Craig ? I ask you. That and is the Sasquatch real or just a bunch of BS?