Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Black EZ kettle  (Read 1529 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Black EZ kettle
« on: April 19, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »
Not a fancy color, but I picked this up over last Christmas. Didn't need it but bought it as a package with an old style cast iron grate and warming rack. I was going to clean it up and give it to a friend, but I don't think I can part with it now - it is my first wooden handled kettle. It is in great condition (haven't touched it since buying it). It also had a condiment tray that fits on the side as well. It was a 2 minute drive from my house to pick it up.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Black EZ kettle
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:05:03 PM »
Nice Mastertouch...it has a lid bail on the back I'm assuming?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Black EZ kettle
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 07:55:20 AM »
Yes it does have the lid bail. It also has an older cover that seems pretty heavy. I think it was rarely used and stored in a garage.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 08:01:45 AM »
Not sure I could even gift that one. That it a nice one.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »
Lets see that CI Grate.. Dibs if you ever want to sell it! Lol..Serioulsly..Lol.. Really, Seriously! AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Black EZ kettle
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
Lets see that CI Grate.. Dibs if you ever want to sell it! Lol..Serioulsly..Lol.. Really, Seriously! AJ  8)
As I expected, the CI grate insert is the same size as the older genesis grate (below is a comparison of the CI grate with my new SS rod grate for a 2004 genesis gold). I can use it with a kettle or my gasser. I am in the process of refurbing the genesis, and I will likely season it on the gas grill. I see some dry aged prime ribeyes in the future for that CI grate over lump.