Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy Cooker  (Read 1059 times)

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
Happy Cooker
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »
I have been looking for a kettle to use as an exclusive pizza kettle and got this the other night off CL. It was mislabeled as a Weber, but from what I understand the Weber grates and other things will fit it as it an old school knock off.

Anything different or special I should know about it. I plan to clean it up this weekend, affix the one handle. I recently bought SS grates for my performer so I'll take the old one and try it in here.

I didn't see anywhere where anyone is collecting these so I feel comfortable setting it up with a pizzaque and not having to worry about the heat eventually affecting the color on my blue performer.

I'd love any suggestions though. And what's up with the bottom kettle design and that shelf?? Any suggestions on what to do about an ash catcher??

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Happy Cooker
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »
There are a few of us here that collect Happy Cookers. This one isn't the highly desired model/color, so no one will consider it sacrilege to use it as a [emoji487] kettle. The "shelf" you refer to is actually an internal ash pan. If you don't care for it, you could post in Member Sales/Trades & add a Weber ash pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
Thank you!!  I've never used an ash pan like that so I'll give it a shot.  I'll shine her up and post some photos when she's got her lashes on and her hair did.  :)  LOL

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 04:31:33 PM »
I wouldn't mind a internal pan for my avocado