Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A Little ROTI ACTION  (Read 1655 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
A Little ROTI ACTION
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:47 PM »
I've got two beautiful Performers and the last several cooks have been on the beat up brownie I picked up a few weeks ago. Threaded a couple of pork tenderloins onto the CB roti and a pineapple in the middle. I brined the tenderloin for the first time. WINNER, will be doing that every time when they don't come in a salt solution already. Just some basic Mrs. Dash on it other than that with a little hickory.

BTW - Man, grilled pineapple amazing! When you bite into that stuff warm off the Weber it is like a taste explosion in your mouth.

When my Mom saw this photo on Facebook she said it looked like a yellow bellied lizard. Ooookaay, alright then, Mom.

Right before I pulled it. Good stuff. The taters needed a little more work under the broiler. They were a little firm still.

Here's the new-to-me brownie in action.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:20:07 PM by Mark Schnell »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A Little ROTI ACTION
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:41:45 AM »

Mom's pretty sharp.....great lookin' smoked lizard ya punched out there, Mark !!!!

Nice cookup.......pineapple's a good one, and you're breaking some ground doing it that way....Good show !!!!

Try out grilled cantaloupe wedges, also a treat....I just put a very small sprinkling of salt & straight on the grate for a bit & flip

PS: Nice Brownie, possibly my new favorite..... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:02:52 AM »
Thanks Buckie. The Brownie needs a bit of work. It's pretty much exactly like I bought it two weeks ago. I got it for $20 bucks. Then I took my family out for dinner on the acquisition trip and the food was slow to come out. The manager gave me my $40 back. So I consider that a grill that actually paid for itself!!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »
Great looking eats and nice brownie mark!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 07:37:16 AM »
Thanks Buckie. The Brownie needs a bit of work. It's pretty much exactly like I bought it two weeks ago. I got it for $20 bucks. Then I took my family out for dinner on the acquisition trip and the food was slow to come out. The manager gave me my $40 back. So I consider that a grill that actually paid for itself!!

If that would only happen once in awhile to me, I'd be in way less trouble w/ the wife.....Great story !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »
Holy Father that looks good!  :o

ROTI ON THE BROWNIE! Mmmmmm Mmmmm!

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
Cool two tone Brownie.  Oh ya the Rot loaded up and the taters look great.

Now take your phillips head driver and pull those handles. Hit them with some 200 grit sand paper, stain and sealer.  While they are drying, spray some Wd-40 in a 0000 steel wool pad and shine up the top vent.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:12:48 PM by javahog2002 »
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado