Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Baking on the Kettle  (Read 1156 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Baking on the Kettle
« on: May 27, 2017, 05:30:04 AM »
Decided to try baking some scones this morning. Should be done in 20 minutes. Wishing the lid had a window so I could see how they are looking without lifting the lid and losing heat. Will report back with a pic when done

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Baking on the Kettle
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 05:58:35 AM »
Peek through the led vent with a small led flashlight in one hole and look through another. 👍
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:58:51 AM »
I can smell em already

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Baking on the Kettle
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 06:44:05 AM »
Ok, so this was my first breakfast on the kettle

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:51:30 AM by clarissa »

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:25:52 AM »
Wow!!! Nice work there!
Looks delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 07:29:02 AM »
that is a great looking breakfast.
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »
Thanks everyone........it was whole wheat scones with craisins, turkey bacon and mushroom eggs over easy. Got a thumbs up from my hubby. A few home fries would have been perfect but I forgot till it was too late.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
Nice!
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 01:14:20 AM »
Very Nice...  that looks amazing!!

I  do corn bread in the CI dutch on the grill too.  I really want to  try bake some carmel pecan brownies...

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 04:36:14 AM »
@jeffrackmo Thanks. I did those on an enameled pizza screen with parchment paper, one side indirect at approx 350-400ish (per lid gage) Had to rotate halfway thru.

Actually had one left, so cut in half to share with hubby. Still moist. Tasted great with first coffee this morn.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
FYI, don't stress about lifting the lid. If you need to look, look occasionally, and without regrets. The kettle won't lose the heat for very long.

There's a comparison posted here somewhere, someone will know what I'm referring to, that showed what happens to the heat compared to a typical kitchen oven. The reason the kitchen oven loses so much heat when opened is because you're opening an entire side of the machine, whereas with the kettle, where the heat's located, stays "closed" more so. Even with the lid off.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch