Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just throwing a cook out there  (Read 953 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Just throwing a cook out there
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »
Started bright and sunny, but ended up pulling the cooker under the awnings. Darn rain. Oh well.
How about a couple ribeye's and twice baked tater on the Cado'.
Put this out there before but we'll share the twice bake tater again for some of the newer fella's.
Bake indirect until done. Pull and let cool a little. Cut the top 1/3 off and scoop out the middle part, leaving enough of the sides so it doesn't fall apart.
Add a little crumbled bacon, I did a couple strips on the grill, some spring onions, shredded cheddar, butter, sour cream, S&p. Mix together in a bowl and fill the potato. Then top with a little more cheese, bacon, onion and pepper if you like. I've also added heavy cream before but didn't have any this time. Put back on the grill just to melt the cheese and marry the flavors.
The ribeye's had a big chunk of fat in the eye  so I decided to cut that out and place over the coals while they cooked. Smelled great.

A little herb butter for the rest and before the sear

Better than a country fried steak at any restaurant... [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:35:48 PM by Travis »

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Just throwing a cook out there
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »
Looks great Travis, you nailed the steaks!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

FrugalQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »
Looks awesome!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
Damn, those steaks are strikingly perfect looking. I hadn't checked the weather today until you mentioned rain. Sure enough, looks like it's coming my way.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 02:49:28 PM »
That looks truly awesome!  Man food!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »
Damn!!! Travis I'd love to make it out that way and have some beers and food sometime. That looks really great and the cado is icing on the cake. We had burgers and Mac n cheese tonight. I guess the rain will be hitting me after it gets to Sean.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 03:15:50 PM »
We got the rain too. Those potatoes look pretty easy. I will have to try them. Nothing beats a good steak on the grill. All we did was hamburgers and hot dogs.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »
Damn!!! Travis I'd love to make it out that way and have some beers and food sometime. That looks really great and the cado is icing on the cake. We had burgers and Mac n cheese tonight. I guess the rain will be hitting me after it gets to Sean.

Anytime, my friend. [emoji106]

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »
Nice chuckeyes.
That fat-over-the-coals trick is one of my favorites. That beefy smokey goodness blesses any food it touches.