Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Holy Grail Master Touch Found....  (Read 8640 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Holy Grail Master Touch Found....
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »
I did a blog post about these kettles back in 2014, featuring a NOS Bears version, and there's an interesting comment from someone who participated.

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2014/09/02/nfl-edition-weber-master-touch-bears-logo-grill/
Retired

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 07:26:55 PM »
I read that post just weeks ago. Amazing that so few were produced. You would think Weber would have capitalized by producing even a small run of 500 each team MT sized kettles. Instead they may have only held a contract for the smaller tailgating sized SJ's.

I know a lot of Packer fans that would give their small child just to own this rare NFL Edition Packer Master Touch. That doesn't really put a dollar amount value on it.  What's this NIB kettle I found really worth?  I know eBay would be the answer but it's not the place I'm headed with it.
Just 10 made of each NFL team, to me, it's priceless since they were never offered for resale.
  I've never inboxed any other vintage MT but the quality control on this Packers kettle must have been high priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
now the real question, are you gonna shelf it or cook on it and bask in awesomeness that it is?

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »
grats on your grail! I hope that some day I can get one w/the GIANTS logo on it.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2017, 03:52:55 AM »
LiquidOcelot, I'm pretty sure that they are almost no NFL Edition Master Touch Kettles that were NEVER cooked on so this puts my Packer MT in another level from a collectors view.

With any rare collectible item the condition does matter. In the NIB never been opened condition I found my Grail MT, it would have been hard for anyone including myself to believe that the contents really matched what the outside packaging label read. So I feel that I haven't harmed the collectors value on this rare kettle especially since they were never intended to be displayed while inside a cardboard box.
It would have been almost impossible to find anyone that would have paid anything close to what a fully assembled NFL MT edition in poor condition is worth.
  So I feel I added value by unboxing it and that's as far as I can find myself going right now.

Once I build the proper display area for it, I'll gladly assemble it so it can be viewed but never to be cook on. Keeping it one step above the rest. Go Pack Go!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 04:13:44 AM »
Or you could call Weber and see if they will give you a ranch kettle for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2017, 04:29:58 AM »

Or you could call Weber and see if they will give you a ranch kettle for it.

The real question is, would Weber give me a NIB 1995 NFL Edition Master Touch if I gave them a Ranch Kettle for it?
Better yet. If Weber had this Packers MT on display, how much would it take to pry it off their hands?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »
That is a really cool find. Now get back to posting a cook using all wood on the performer. I miss those cooks. [emoji3]

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2017, 06:56:11 AM »
That's awesome!
Congratulations on a super great find!

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »
What a story! Great find and congrats. Please don't cook on it, i would keep it in her box and wait 10 or 20 years. Let's see whats going on in 2030 about what's worth for anyone😉

Bertl

UserGone

• WKC Brave
Holy Grail Master Touch Found....
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2017, 11:24:29 AM »
What a story! Great find and congrats. Please don't cook on it, i would keep it in her box and wait 10 or 20 years. Let's see whats going on in 2030 about what's worth for anyone[emoji6]

Bertl
I messaged the lady that sold it to me yesterday thanking her for holding it for me. I let her know That I will now treasure it.
   She was glad to hear it went to a good home. She then informed me that it belonged to her Aunt that had passed away last Christmas and the family was just starting to go through her hidden treasures. Seller was surprised when they found the new unopened Weber in its original box stored away in the garage. They knew it was an older Weber by the photo on the box and decided to sell it off.

????? So how did a 1995 NFL/Weber Tailgating Competition Master Touch kettle end up in its unopened package? Shipped directly to their home address? I'm afraid that information died with its previous owner. 

Bertl, I partially agree with you. I now feel that the previous owner of this kettle must have know this Weber was special. So special she decided not to open the box. Unfortunately when we decide to do this, families are unaware of just how special some collectible items are that one treasures. When we die, items that don't appear valuable get sorted out along with random household items and priced accordingly for a quick sell.
  I don't want that to happen to this kettle again.   It could have easily ended up in the wrong hands and not treated with the respect it deserves. Could have been used and abused and eventually left out to rot.

I will not disclose some shipping label information that is on the MT box. This NFL Edition MT was shipped to the deceased Aunts Husband. His name is on this shipping label and he passed away back in 2007.
So I can say that I'm the third bearer of this unique 1995 Weber MT kettle. I can only hope that one day I can hand it along to the next who will appreciate it's history and respect it by keeping it in its unused condition.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:00:04 PM by Smokin Performer »

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2017, 12:53:54 PM »
A historically sweet find.

Maybe Favre will pay a king's ransom and/or display at Lambeau.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »
Yes, a King's ransom in Silver! Like my silver Packers coin. Brett has to have lots of these..

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2017, 02:14:51 PM »

Nice tease!!!

By "grail MT", I assume it's a Packers MT?

You funny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Story:
            I hit refresh on my phone while surfing FBmarketplace while at work. Then I see the new listing of this New never been opened Weber 22.5" Grill.  I'm only the 3rd viewer with a few minutes into the listing. I quickly message  seller that I'd like to buy it and can I pick it up today.
  Instantly seller replies, "when can you pick it up"?
At this point I assume I'm the first person to make contact and I don't want to fumble around sounding unsure if I'm ready to buy by asking too many questions about this NIB Master touch.
  I offer to PayPal cash upfront but seller would rather take cash in hand. With my work shift ending 9 hours later, I realize that seller is going to get many responses to this FB ad so I decide to make arrangements for earliest pick up which is 6:30 pm, 3hrs before end of my shift. This gives me time to contact my Son to make the pick up for me.

It was a smooth pick up on my sons end. He meet up with sellers husband and purchased this NIB grill for me.
My Son calls me soon as the box is inside his car. I've been imagining all day just what color kettle it could be. Worst case I imagine it's a common black color and not a colored kettle. Which is still not bad as I've never owned any MT yet so buying my first vintage MT NIB is not bad. 
   I ask my son to take pictures of the labels and send them to me via text. Soon I receive a few pictures and I'm in disbelief with what I see as the label. It's better than anything I had expected.

Awesome story.  I'd love to hear the reaction when you saw the pic your son texted you!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2017, 11:25:27 AM »
So far, every GB Packer fan I've bragged to about this very limited production 22" Weber has asked the question.
"How much do you want for it"? Some are glad to offer 50% more than you paid for it.
I'm assuming they must think it's worth the same as a New 2017 Master Touch. Since mine is also still new in its original box.

I think its one of those rare items that some non collectors might find it hard to believe that anyone would consider paying double the price of a new one to buy an older model. And to even imagine paying 10 times would be considered crazy. 
This doesn't happen in the coin collecting hobby. They pay thousands more above face value for some rare coins.

UserGone

• WKC Brave
Holy Grail Master Touch Found....
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 01:14:13 PM »
Show Mounted or Display Mounted- not sure if this term exist here on WKC.

I purchased a used black 90's Master Touch for $15 at a local garage sale. I wanted it for parts as the lid and bowl have condition issues.
  The lid bail and triangle cleaned up well on the donor MT. I installed this lid bail on my new NFL Edition bowl. I used nylon washers so it wouldn't scratch or damage the new bowl. I'm not planing on cooking in this grill so that won't be an issue.
I had purchased new legs and wheels so I decided to use these instead of any original NFL Edition MT parts. All original parts/hardware are still in packages and won't be used.
The New set of legs and wheels were attached to the used donor triangle. I had purchased NOS axle nuts at my Weber dealer so these are also era correct.  I was carful to install the legs into the leg sockets. With a pair of needle nose pliers I was able to bend the aluminum tubing leg slot so it wouldn't chip any porcelain on the bowl leg socket.
This Packers MT bowl/lid can now be displayed. It needs some kind of hand tag. The paperwork that was inside the unopened box is standard Master Touch related. I'll probable this paperwork and ad an NFL decal to the clear plastic hang tag.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:38:09 PM by Smokin Performer »