Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Restoration Sub-Forum  (Read 2692 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Restoration Sub-Forum
« on: May 21, 2017, 03:34:46 PM »

Is there or should we consider a sub forum for restoration?

It would be nice to separate restoration information from the other topics here.

It would make searching for resto info easier.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:28:47 PM by ClubChapin »

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
Re: Restoration Sub-Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »
I like this idea...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 12:50:14 AM »
The"Before and After" thread was envisioned to be something like this, with a couple pics of the Restoration and a link to the original thread showing all the details.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/before-and-after-show-off-your-restore!/
Retired

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:23:17 PM »
While further subcategorization would make it easier to find older content, it also further separates community engagement.
This makes the community livelihood feel slower, because each forum category will have less new content.

The end result is less engagement.

Shorter answer: I'd love to have a dedicated section for restoration topics, but right now there's just not enough restoration topics being posted to warrant having one.

armpit

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 12:22:56 PM »
How about tags for posts? Possibly multiple tags? A tag for "Tips" - a tag for "Restore" - etc... just tossing out thoughts

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
How about tags for posts? Possibly multiple tags? A tag for "Tips" - a tag for "Restore" - etc... just tossing out thoughts

I'm down for this if we can form a team of people willing to help plan/organize tags and keep everything accurate.
We actually had tagging enabled several years ago, but it was under-utilized to the point of being useless.

We have more people, and more engagement now...

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »
I always thought that the "Technical Library" was the best idea. But with that you need a good librarian.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 01:21:01 PM »

I'm down for this if we can form a team of people willing to help plan/organize tags and keep everything accurate.
We actually had tagging enabled several years ago, but it was under-utilized to the point of being useless.

I'm willing to help.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 09:24:36 PM »

I'm willing to help.

Thanks!
A couple others recently volunteered as well - sounds like we have a committee!!

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 04:55:16 PM »
WHy not make it a sticky with all the posts? That way, you dont separate the posts but keep them neatly placed in front.
Rollin coal

26" 2010 AD Code (Black), 22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” 2018 CB (Crimson),22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ