Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Legs on 22.75  (Read 797 times)

Bob R

• Smokey Joe
New Legs on 22.75
« on: May 18, 2017, 05:10:23 AM »
I had the wife and a couple friends on the lookout for a Cheap 22.75 Weber with a very good Lid.  The plan was to buy a used Weber to get a lid for my UDS. I have a cheap China made grill lid on it now.  My wife ended up located one for me with leg issues. All three legs had been bent, and one leg had a JB weld repair on it. It was a Premium Kettle, and I could not bring myself to trash it for the lid. After hauling it around to a couple cooks with my 26.75 Kettle I ended up trashing out the leg repair.  I needed it back up and running, so I did a measurement and determined that the Leg OD was 1".  I did some looking locally and discovered that a 2 piece Shower Rod at my local hardware store was 1" OD on the outer (larger) tube.  I bought the shower rod and 3 rubber slip on chair leg tips, and headed home. A little measuring and a tubing cutter had me a new set of legs in short order. It does not have wheels, but I believe I like it better with just the 3 legs with rubber feet. I used self drilling screws to solidly attach the legs to the grill.  I am totally happy with the repair.

Bob

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: New Legs on 22.75
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:48:22 AM »
Weber made a similar grill without the screws. It was called the Traveler..
The shower rod is a known trick.. Did you bevel cut the bottoms?
Oh, and if you haven;t heard the phrase yet, Pics or it didn't happen"
Lol  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..