Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza UK  (Read 1433 times)

Scousejay

• Happy Cooker
Pizza UK
« on: May 04, 2017, 09:37:24 PM »
Hi all. Am really tempted to start the weber as a pizza oven. Is it pretty easy to set up? Do people make there own add on as Pizza kettle little bit pricey at the moment. If anybody can point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
Thanks Jay.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Pizza UK
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 03:08:44 AM »
It's easy to set up and make great pies without a kettle pizza (or other attachment).  High indirect heat is the key.  You want the top cook without burning the hell out of the bottom.  The attachments can make it easier to get pizzas in and out, and you can spin without removing the lid.

There are a ton of older threads on how to do it.

Give it a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:12:52 AM by blksabbath »

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza UK
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04:45:10 AM »
I started making pizzas with just a regular kettle and made some great pies. I used some fire bricks placed on the grate to raise the stone to the level of the bowl rim, which made it easier to get the pizzas on/off.

You can get high heat by leaving the lid cracked open for more air flow.

I now have a KP that I'm trying to dial in, but it almost seems like more effort than my previous method. Yeah, I can lift the KP on/off as needed, but the damn thing is heavy when you add the grate and stone. Without the KP, I could just close the vents when done and save the rest of my fuel. With the KP, I need to move it to another grill to accomplish the same thing.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza UK
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 AM »
@Scousejay

If you have access to an extra lid, you can give this a try.

How to modify a kettle lid to make a pizza oven.

Do a search in the "Pizza Forum" and you will see all sorts of different methods to make pizza.