Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dough question  (Read 1448 times)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Dough question
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
Once proofed, how long do I have to use it?
Still need a 22” yellow

Thrillho

• Smokey Joe
Re: Dough question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
My opinion is proofed dough should be used same day. However, I have no factual evidence this is truth. Did some google searching and found it difficult to find any real information on storing proofed dough... I did find this informative article on the shelf life of pre-proofed pizza dough

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/09/the-pizza-lab-how-long-should-i-let-my-dough-cold-ferment.html

Their recommendation is 3-5 for homemade dough. With store bought dough I've stretched that as far as 1 week in the fridge. I've yet to freeze any homemade dough, I do however freeze Trader Joe's pizza dough for upwards of 3 months with no issue.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 02:15:54 PM »
My opinion is proofed dough should be used same day. However, I have no factual evidence this is truth. Did some google searching and found it difficult to find any real information on storing proofed dough... I did find this informative article on the shelf life of pre-proofed pizza dough

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/09/the-pizza-lab-how-long-should-i-let-my-dough-cold-ferment.html

Their recommendation is 3-5 for homemade dough. With store bought dough I've stretched that as far as 1 week in the fridge. I've yet to freeze any homemade dough, I do however freeze Trader Joe's pizza dough for upwards of 3 months with no issue.

That's actually really helpful. I can just keep it cold, till I'm ready to use. Thanks.
Still need a 22” yellow

Thrillho

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »
@TheDude Happy to help. My experience when taking dough out of the fridge, whatever amount of time you think it requires to warm up and rise a bit, double it. I always feel like the dough could benefit from being a bit closer to room temp, it is way more easy to work with if it is.