Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally saved enough for the summit  (Read 6373 times)

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
Re: Finally saved enough for the summit
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 03:33:00 AM »
Congratulations! And it's better to enjoy the good deal you got (while enjoying all the great food you'll be cooking) rather than regretting how you almost got a Summit that time, but didn't.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 05:48:50 AM »
anybody else see the summits at a local ace and how are they priced? retail or marked down?

My local True Value has the Summit Grill Center but it's full price at $1,999

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2017, 05:54:34 AM »

Congratulations! And it's better to enjoy the good deal you got (while enjoying all the great food you'll be cooking) rather than regretting how you almost got a Summit that time, but didn't.

This.  Absolutely!  Congratulations brother!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 06:23:41 AM »
You are going to like that grill. I have had mine for a year now. The best suggestion I could make to you is put a Weber handle light on the front handle. It is Weber part number 7516. It fits perfectly. I put 2 lights on mine. At the price Weber is asking, it should have been included already I think?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 06:54:09 AM »
Congrats! They seem like THE ultimate grill.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
anybody else see the summits at a local ace and how are they priced? retail or marked down?

My local True Value has the Summit Grill Center but it's full price at $1,999

thanks @mcgolden .. looks like the pricing varies store by store..

maybe time to call around.. a local 50% sale would have me reaching into my wallet
Grills

SixZeroFour

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 08:16:14 AM »
Congrats on the SCG - You're going to love it!

I put 2 lights on mine. At the price Weber is asking, it should have been included already I think?

@ramsfan Couldn't agree more... It makes no sense that a light was not included with the SCG. Perfect fit and works great. They should have also included one of the charcoal rakes IMO.

I also added a second tool holder and have one on either side of the center post. This allows you to have dirty cleaning tools and rakes on one side and your cooking utensils on the other. 
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 10:19:57 AM »
You are going to like that grill. I have had mine for a year now. The best suggestion I could make to you is put a Weber handle light on the front handle. It is Weber part number 7516. It fits perfectly. I put 2 lights on mine. At the price Weber is asking, it should have been included already I think?

It definitely should come with a couple lights and then some. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely look into getting one.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 11:44:21 AM »
I still can't wrap my head around how they are selling them for this price. There's not that much markup on them from what I know plus they're supposed to be price protected. Maybe just maybe Weber is going to drop the price

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 01:05:37 AM »
I can't wait to see pics of the first cook!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 02:57:33 AM »
Still to rich for my blood.  $1400. .. you could buy 2 pro formers and have
Money left over to buy 2 snake river briskets!!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 09:18:06 PM »
These are so tempting but it's the same size as the 26r pretty much...if my local ACE ever had one and it was on extreme discount maybe. Or once one gets on CL for a solid deal maybe. Has anyone cooked on one of these and a BGE?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2017, 01:40:31 AM »
These are so tempting but it's the same size as the 26r pretty much...if my local ACE ever had one and it was on extreme discount maybe. Or once one gets on CL for a solid deal maybe. Has anyone cooked on one of these and a BGE?

I started following Baby Back Maniac on YouTube. I really like the guy and his videos and he has a few on this topic. He has the unboxing of the WSCG as well as some cooks and comparisons between it and the other Kamado cookers.

https://youtu.be/ZpUkMRuWEmo

Not sure if he is a member here but if not he should be.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2017, 05:18:20 AM »
@cumminfourya Huge congratulations to you on scoring the WSCGC! Which Westlake location did you end up picking it up at? Looking forward to seeing more of this in action.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:32 AM »
@kettlebb that is a very informative and fair comparison.  thanks for posting.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;