Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Platinum One-Touch  (Read 1004 times)

gengle

• Smokey Joe
Platinum One-Touch
« on: May 14, 2017, 01:22:59 PM »
New here, with a renewed interest/respect for the kettles.

These things are so cool! Been jones'n for one for a while. Missed one on CL a couple of months back for $60 by an hour. Got a CL ping this past Friday afternoon on the phone at work, thought it was another beat to hell gasser (not hate'n, I've got a 20yo, 1000 LX series Genesis) ... I dropped the phone! $30 and a couple hours of personal time later. Up a posted one lane, "Trespassing strictly forbidden", drive. Hands non-threateningly in front of me, "I'm here for the grill". Do the walk around and kick the tires, dude lifts the lid and there's a wasp nest, take a couple steps back mentally ticking the location of my Epi-pen! Lid's a little outta of whack and she needs a little lovin but, not much. New grates and a few screws/washers, we're good to go! ;D

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Platinum One-Touch
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »
Oh sweet! A platinum! What a steal. No wonder you were nervous. You robbed them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gengle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
@Travis, no doubt! I should have stopped for a lottery ticket on the way home!;>

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:06:07 PM »
Sweet ... I am on the lookout for one .. always liked those side tables ... and @gengle love wording on your post :-)

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 05:35:49 PM »
I have one. Good grill. Kind of a pain to keep it steady if your surface isn't smooth. Good score. I paid retail for mine.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.