Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow n sear hamburgers  (Read 2219 times)

Joetee

• WKC Brave
Slow n sear hamburgers
« on: April 25, 2017, 02:32:51 PM »
Do I sear the burgers with the lid off on the very hot slow n sear and then move them over to the other side with the lid on for a while?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Slow n sear hamburgers
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 02:48:19 PM »
Do I sear the burgers with the lid off on the very hot slow n sear and then move them over to the other side with the lid on for a while?

Best way I've found for burgers direct high heat. Lid on but cracked for optimum air flow, but without the crazy flare ups. I normally cook about 3 minutes a side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 04:19:46 PM »

Best way I've found for burgers direct high heat. Lid on but cracked for optimum air flow, but without the crazy flare ups. I normally cook about 3 minutes a side.

Thanks man.  I seared them real hot on the slow n sear. They looked done but was only like 125 inside temp.  Put them on th indirect side until it was 160 inside temp.  Mine was perfect with no pink. My wife had a little pink.  But it was the first time I used a thermoworks instant read thermometer. I'll have to try a little bit harder next time.  She won't eat pink meat what so ever. I think she likes card board.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:21:58 PM by Joetee »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »
@joetee
Yeah. Lots of variables with it. Temps, thickness, what type of meat used.
I should have mentioned that.
I enjoy a little pink in my burger, but only use chuck or sometimes a little steak meat in there for extra flavor. I don't make big patties either. If your using ground beef, its best to cook until 160*.
Always learning! That what we do! Good job bud

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »
6 oz Ground chuck burgers made with the "Cave Man" brand burger press.  So about 3/4 to as an inch thick.

Nolamike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »
I make relatively thick burgers, and do the reverse sear method; 10 minutes or so per side on the indirect side, and then a minute or so per side over direct heat.