Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help with SS performer  (Read 3223 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Help with SS performer
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »
Lose the star nuts.

All-thread, all the way! 😉

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=12815.0

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Hawk68

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »
Thank you to everyone that has replied and offered information and suggestions. Due to a family situation I may not get to this for a couple of weeks but this helps out a lot. Just one question, and if I had time and access during the day I could probably see this, but how do the legs attach to the table, does this need to be welded?

@eLLWOODgGLEN-I do check craigslist frequently but these do not come up that often.

@SteveZ-I am pretty sure they are broken off but I will check this. If so, is the only way to attach the legs to the table is by having them welded? And thank you for the part number for the star nuts.

@toolhead-I will search using brackets to attach this as well, thank you for the heads up and thank you for the information on the gas assist.

@greenweb-thank you for the tips. I should have clarified something, I do use the grill, I just never used the gas assist ever since I purchased it about 2 years ago. But just like the previous owner said he did, I just use it as a regular grill and never tried to get the gas assist running. But after looking at some of the threads I think I will eventually do this.

@johnny 2 shack-lol, I will keep you in mind, but for the simple fact I know I will never find another one like this for $30, I will hold on to it.. lol

@charred-yeah, after reading this site for the last two days, I get that impression... lol

@Mr.CPHo-good idea.. she knows I am a better cook then her anyway...shhh don't tell her I said that.

@jcnaz-thank you for that option. I will definitely look into it. What length all-thread did you use?

Again, thanks to everyone who took time out of their day to respond. I am sure I will be on here when I get more time and start the project and bug you guys with dumb questions.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 08:49:07 PM »
"@jcnaz-thank you for that option. I will definitely look into it. What length all-thread did you use?"

@Hawk68 ,
I believe that they were 48" long, 3/8" dia. I happened to already have them lying around, left over from another project. I did have to drill out the holes on the legs slightly.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 01:04:05 AM »
@swamprb-Columbus Ohio

Heck I didnt realize there was someone else from Columbus. I am local to you and cant help you fix this if you need assistance. Just shoot me a PM if you need help.

Buy these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00570UKT4/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I37MZIOFWP1JIB&colid=3A7RG5PMVBVNQ and then swing over to Lowes or Home Depot and get some 1/4 x 20 x 1 bolts and that should stabilize the bottom of the frame. I really would need to  see the top to make a good assessment. Trust me though, I have fixed way worse.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 06:28:34 AM »
Anybody ordered these and has 4 leftover, let me know.
I'm rebuilding an EZ code and have the same issue.
Thanks

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »
@CatskillSmoker  I got a handful for you. PM me your address.
Retired

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
Hey 56, thanks. I went to Lowe's and got 2 threaded rods ,washers, and nuts.
Cost was less then 4.00 and an easy fix.