Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Riveting Wooden Handles..... Old tool  (Read 2438 times)

UserGone

• WKC Brave
Re: Riveting Wooden Handles..... Old tool
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »
 Here is a mid 60's handle that welds had failed and the handle was bolted in place. I removed it to see the bottom factory rivet side. I'm 100% sure I'll be able to replicate this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SixZeroFour

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
Thanks again to your innovative thread SP I am now up and running with my "Universal"!

Mine is a model B-1 (not sure what the difference is - size?). I followed your instructions and used the 5/16 x 24 tap on the bottom mount and then swapped the flaring die down to the bottom. Next up I found the proper bolt, cut it down and flattened/chamfered the tip. Worked like a charm!

Already snugged up the handle on my Glen Blue and now its good as new. Now I'd like to find some new rivets if possible for handle replacements [emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

UserGone

• WKC Brave
Riveting Wooden Handles..... Old tool
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 01:44:09 PM »
I'm looking into ordering the correct aluminum counter sunk tubular rivets similar to the Weber rivets used.
The few manufactures I've found require a minimum order of 1,000 rivets. I'll just place the order soon and offer these to members here. 
  This would be a nice tool to bring to WKC meets and restore failed rivets on handles or just snug them up as you just did.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 08:34:04 PM »
Reproduction Handles
Reproduction Ash Pans
Now authentic rivets

I see a stamping machine as the next thing a member puts up in their garage..

Nicely done fellas.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..