Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My best pizzas so far..  (Read 2785 times)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
My best pizzas so far..
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »
Nailing pizza to the level I want has taken time and practice. This weekend I saw an improvement and want to share. My lid thermometer was reading around 700 most of the cook so I'll assume it was within 'good enough' cook temps.

These are probably the most round pizzas I've made too

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

KevinP

• WKC Brave
Re: My best pizzas so far..
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »
Those look really good!!  Hope you enjoyed them

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
Nailed it!!!!!!  It feels good to start making pizzas that are actually round doesn't it?!!!!  LOL.  That took me forever!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kob

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »
Nice looking pies. I fired up my kettlepizza for the first time yesterday and made pizza is harder to make than I thought.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 03:32:16 PM »
Really nice looking pizzas!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:19:15 PM »
Nice looking pies!  The more you make the better you get. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »
nice pies!!
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
My best pizzas so far..
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 04:02:48 AM »
Instead of making a new thread, figured I'd follow up in even better looking pies.

These pies were a store bought (Publix) dough ball I rolled out. The base is za'atar, spinach, then fresh mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, eggplant cutlets, red onion, feta.

I think the cooking technique is what really makes the difference. Perhaps I can do a thread describing that in detail for other fellas with out the contraptions like me.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:29:35 AM by jdefran »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 04:11:38 AM »
I can't agree more. I have a pizzaque but I think it's more of a novelty and not at all necessary and in fact harder to make pizzas with. My mom has been making pizzas on Sunday my whole life. I wanted to figure out a way to cook her large dense pizzas without her having to alter the size or process. This is what i did on a quick and dirty experiment yesterday. Looks very similar to your method. No finish pick but the pie is about half done in this picture. It was so good I don't plan on using any accessory in the future.