Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WSM question...  (Read 3094 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
WSM question...
« on: April 06, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
Does anyone own the Cajun Bandit 22.5 charcoal ring? If so, how is it different from the stock Weber 22.5 charcoal ring? Is it taller? Does it hold more charcoal than the Weber ring?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:48:27 AM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: WSM question...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »
good question
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 02:24:56 AM »
I was wondering the same thing about the ring for the 18wsm. I sent them an email months ago asking that very question. Either they did not respond or I missed the response.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 03:16:49 AM »
I always thought the only difference was that it's stainless. Not sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »

Does anyone own the Cajun Bandit 22.5 charcoal ring? If so, how is it different from the stock Weber 22.5 charcoal ring? Is it taller? Does it hold more charcoal than the Weber ring?

Here is the High Flow Expanded ring out of the box.

The charcoal grate fits inside the ring and rests on tabs. It was originally designed for the Gen1 22" WSM that had the intake vents at the c/grate level which caused the vents to clog at times on long cooks.

Those of us that figured out the Weber design flaw, modded the grate holder bolts to raise the grate above the vents.

While the Cajun Bandit ring does not look that much larger than the stock ring, it does hold more fuel than the original. I wired the grate in place to make ash disposal easier.

This is the ring filled with a 21.6 lb. bag of KBB.

So in theory, if you were to start the bullet with the traditional Minion Method, you would be removing @ 50 briqs and starting them in a chimney and spreading them on the unlit coals.

But firing a full ring off with a torch (what Jim Minion uses) you can get 3-5 more hours of burn time. Figuring a full chimney of briqs weighs @ 5 lbs. YMMV

I always thought the only difference was that it's stainless. Not sure though.

Yes it is Stainless Steel

I was wondering the same thing about the ring for the 18wsm. I sent them an email months ago asking that very question. Either they did not respond or I missed the response.

I'v only used the High Flow charcoal ring for the 22" WSM, but the rings that I have for my 18" & 22" Cajun Bandit Kettle Conversion and Stackers do not have the riser.

good question

Here is a little FB Group for all things Cajun Bandit:https://www.facebook.com/groups/374475039413561/

Hopes this clears things up?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 02:06:51 PM »
Thanks @swamprb. That answered everything I needed to know.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 06:36:23 PM »
Thanks @swamprb. That answered everything I needed to know.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 07:28:35 AM »
Swamprb answered it perfectly. I don't think it is really needed, but I was ordering the rotisserie kit and door so I figured I would get it too. Definitely holds a good amount of coals. Really like the charcoal grate sitting inside of it and attaching it to the ring. Just did an 18 lb bag running at 300-315 the whole time and I got 13 hours out of it. Could have gotten more if it wasn't so windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »
Also stainless steel just looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk