Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stainless Steel Blues - A Weber Kettle Club Film  (Read 1715 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Stainless Steel Blues - A Weber Kettle Club Film
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 01:57:22 AM »
The whole time I'm thinking how do these guys avoid carbon monoxide poisoning? Awesome video, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, me too.  Thanks Marty!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 11:06:33 AM »
They don't let the coals ash over before throwing the meat on! Gonna have off-flavors  ;D

Really cool video. Those things are beasts!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
Had to try the method Erik used - the lid partway back to increase airflow and spike temps. Worked like a charm. Did a big burger on the gourmet system CI sear grate on my trusty SSP tonight. As you can see, I pegged the therm in no time, and the burger was great. I used Weber's Blazin' Burger rub and finished with blue cheese & butter.  (Like the guys at Weber grill, I did not hold back on the burger dust.) Lesson learned: covered cooking is fine for some things, but let it fly with steaks and burgers and give 'em some air!
Retired

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 04:11:04 PM »
Amazing video!  It's amazing how the cook keeps tabs on everything.  What a master cook!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
Had to try the method Erik used - the lid partway back to increase airflow and spike temps. Worked like a charm. Did a big burger on the gourmet system CI sear grate on my trusty SSP tonight. As you can see, I pegged the therm in no time, and the burger was great. I used Weber's Blazin' Burger rub and finished with blue cheese & butter.  (Like the guys at Weber grill, I did not hold back on the burger dust.) Lesson learned: covered cooking is fine for some things, but let it fly with steaks and burgers and give 'em some air!

I like it!

Really cool video! Thanks for sharing.