Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: more roti help..  (Read 1067 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
more roti help..
« on: March 31, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »
do you need a bushing on the motor side of the spit rod...

should you have one? does it relieve stress on the motor?

i have 1/2 hex ss rod so im not concenred about the rod bending.

2nd question...any idea why cj roti ring has 2 sets of roti install holes? i do notice that one side is drilled slightly higher..is that to allow for diff roti kits to fit?
Grills

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: more roti help..
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »
No need for a bushing on the motor side. Just a hole for the spit to go thru. The spit should just float in the hole.  Connection at the motor is the pivot point on that side.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
tks..do most use counterweight...or just window dressing accessory?
Grills

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
tks..do most use counterweight...or just window dressing accessory?

It is pretty easy to get whatever you are cooking close to balanced on the spit. I have never used the counterweight and the motor has never seemed to struggle.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »
anybidy got an answer about the cb roti ring...why 2 sets of holes for the roti setup...there are 2 sets of holes n im confused lol
Grills

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
You can flip the ring to use on either a kettle or a WSM. Some people buy two brackets to avoid the change if they swap often.
Retired

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 07:12:59 PM »
Exactly what 56MPG said. I ordered the second set just to make life easier. Here are 2 pics in action. One on my WSM and the other on my OTG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »
I have never used any bushings on my kettle rings, I've always ground a groove in the spit rods at the ring contact points.

I do have bushings on my Hotrod Coffee Roaster, but I'm running the RK Drum on a 50 RPM motor and the bushings need a shot of PAM every once in a while to stop the metal to metal contact squeaking.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!