Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Seville Chariot Rescue  (Read 1166 times)

Paul Isa

• WKC Brave
Seville Chariot Rescue
« on: March 28, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »
The first photo in this set was the view I had when the Chariot caught my eye (in the back right behind the plastic covered shed).  It had been neglected in a Hoarders yard for years. The elderly woman who had owned it for over 30 years grew very attached to it (as Hoarders do) and had grown many seasons of Zucchini in the bowl. At first, she couldn't see herself parting with it but she realized she would probably never use it again. I convinced her I would restore it and continue growing things in it. The bowl had numerous holes and would have to be replaced if used for grilling. The owner never had a lid for it.

I spent hours sanding it and bending many parts back into shape.  Both wheels had to be welded and two coats of paint finished the project. I used a sturdy water barrier to keep the bowl from rusting any further.

I understand it is a Weber grill and should be used for its intended purpose but I kept my promise to the elderly Woman and now my wife looks forward to working with one of my Webers as much as I do.  My wife fell in love with the grill/cart and has planted flowers in it for two summers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97609396@N07/albums/72157678397609373/with/32756795174/

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Seville Chariot Rescue
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »
You sir have quite the impressive collection! And your wife makes the Seville look awesome!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:45:54 PM »
Awesome rescue! It makes a great flower presentation. I hope someday it will serve its intended purpose again.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:00:08 PM »
So awesome!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »

Of all the places to find a Chariot. Who would have thought Alaska? Maybe pulled by a team of dogs? Looks sharp cleaned up and painted.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »
Good eye!  Nice job refinishing too!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »
Man looks great, even with flowers in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app