Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Evidently, the answer is Five  (Read 1914 times)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Evidently, the answer is Five
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:29 AM »
Actual conversation...

"Is that new?"

My beautiful wife doesn't miss anything

"Yes, remember, I traded for it?" "That's why I want to make more pizzas."

And then my son and his wife were over...

"Both are for pizza?"

"Yup. And then there's three, four, uh, five."

Kinda sneaks up on you.

One: pizzacraft PizzaQue portable pizza oven -- my gas option. I like it. Guess I should have taken some pics.

Two: Weber Gourmet Pizza Stone -- works pretty well. Coals around the outside, and a few under the stone...

I've settled on 18" configurations.

Three: Papu's Pizza -- hacked an old 18 lid. Donated the bowl to @LiquidOcelot for one of his logo grills.

This was really fun because it worked!

Coals in the back ("V"), chunk of oak for effect, and a few coals under the stone. The stone is elevated with a few pieces of fire brick - perfect height...

Four: PizzaQue -- picked up from HD clearance. Once I figured out how to make it fit properly, it works good as well. Coals placed half circle in the back, and again, some under the stone...

Five: KettlePizza -- picked up on a trade. It's when I realized I had several options.

18" configuration. Grate on the bottom, and a grate on the top, along with the included pizza pan on top (to help keep heat on top of the pizza) since I don't have a baking stone.

Same coal setup. Used stone from PQ since it was broken-in already. Therm just made it into the pizza zone, but it cooked just fine.   

Meatless Friday, so breaded shrimp on the side, baked in the "oven" space under the lid...

My go to dough is now a stretched dough ball from Pizza California. $4.25 otd is a great time saver.

My professional opinion (since I worked at Round Table Pizza a hundred years ago I'm totally qualified) --- All are great options!

Hacked is just too cool, and my favorite!

PQ is compact and easy to use.

PK is multi purpose with the room under the lid.

Oh yeah, and I like pizza!

Thanks for watching.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:21:02 AM by dazzo »
Dude, relax your chicken.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Evidently, the answer is Five
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:11:05 AM »
Soooo, your making pizza at the meet up?!!...YEAH BABY!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »

Hey, great idea!

Garlic bread pizza, with tri tip on the side using the SM attachment!

Dude, relax your chicken.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15:37 AM »
5 is a very good number but 6 isn't far away!!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
Great looking pizzas. I need to grill some pizza soon.... very soon. I think he has been mentioned here before but Dave over at Weber Cam He does some crazy stuff with kettles and pizzas (warning: some kettles were harmed in the pictures/videos). My brother is actually friends with him in Columbus, Ohio.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »

Hey, great idea!

Garlic bread pizza, with tri tip on the side using the SM attachment!

Your right, that is a great idea!!!  Dazzo's doing lunch guys we're off the hook!..lol

CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »
Amazing.  Those are some very creative cookers, and your pizza game, much like your WOK game, has really stepped up to "Master" level

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
Wow!!