Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decisions decisions.. what to get?  (Read 3506 times)

Bob R

• Smokey Joe
Re: Decisions decisions.. what to get?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 09:15:36 PM »
I also agree about getting a 26. It will cook about double what will fit on a 22.5.

They make a Smoke EZ for both the 22.5 and 26. That would add more options to your cooks. 
Most of the offsets are made from recycled beer cans. If considering one do lots of research first. My brother had an older Brinkman given to him. It was better made than the newer ones. We did lots of work on it after doing lots of research.  With 3/16 Tuner Plates, etc, etc we ended up with a better working smoker than when it was new. We ended up donating it back to the original owner.
My brother then added a Smoke EZ to one of his 22.5. Weber's. Now he has a great grill, and by adding the Smoke EZ his Weber is converted to a 22.5 WSM only better.

Bob

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 04:50:36 PM »
26 incher with the vortex...Can do most anything you want to do...

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »
I also agree about getting a 26. It will cook about double what will fit on a 22.5.

They make a Smoke EZ for both the 22.5 and 26. That would add more options to your cooks. 
Most of the offsets are made from recycled beer cans. If considering one do lots of research first. My brother had an older Brinkman given to him. It was better made than the newer ones. We did lots of work on it after doing lots of research.  With 3/16 Tuner Plates, etc, etc we ended up with a better working smoker than when it was new. We ended up donating it back to the original owner.
My brother then added a Smoke EZ to one of his 22.5. Weber's. Now he has a great grill, and by adding the Smoke EZ his Weber is converted to a 22.5 WSM only better.

Bob

I also have the Smoke EZ... two of them in fact. Only thing I recommend is getting a larger "water pan", which is a stainless steel mixing bowl. Any restaurant supply store has them. That helps as a heat deflector.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.