Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decisions decisions.. what to get?  (Read 3504 times)

Lookercookerjosh

• Happy Cooker
Decisions decisions.. what to get?
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:54:39 PM »
Hey guys,

It's great that I have found this forum! Thank the internet for Google haha.

Every weekend I get some of my friends around for a few beers and football, but what's a few beers and football without a BBQ? NOT RIGHT!
We do have a BBQ but as more friends are now coming at the weekend it's time to upgrade to something a little better. I also want to start smoking some of my meats, that's why I'm here on the kettle forum. I have already done a little research and there are two I have my eyes set on. The first is ranked top of the kettle BBQ's and it's the Weber Mastertouch "The Rolls Royce of charcoal BBQ's" When reading a quote like that you must admit it is very satisfying. Then more of a classical look, the Original Jerk 1/4 cut classic full drum, This is pretty standard but large and has that look that everyone loves.

I'm guessing you guys are going to have all the right answers and get me pointed in the right direction. Also when it comes to cost, around £500 would be my personal limit. So from these two above which one would you guys pick?? or have you got any better suggestions? Really looking forward to your suggestions guys

Thanks

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Decisions decisions.. what to get?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:08 PM »
I know Master-Touch, and that is no Master-Touch.

This is a Master-Touch.

239 at www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk/

I hope that you have fun with whatever cooker you eventual purchase. But you know what fellas on this site will recommend.

IndianBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 11:15:12 PM »
Hi,

The pic you posted is not of MasterTouch. I just bough a master-touch and its nothing like that. I don't even think its a weber.

Secondly, master touch is awesome, i think it would be a no-brainier if you are planning to get a kettle. However if your budget allows I would definitely go for Weber Performer Platinum/Deluxe.

I had to carry my MasterTouch from USA on an airplane and hence couldn't get the performer (its too big for check in). But if you find one around you in budget, its the ultimate grill you can buy.
Each purchase of a weber grill is a very special and rare occasion for me as they are rare to come by around here.

IndianBBQ

• WKC Brave
Each purchase of a weber grill is a very special and rare occasion for me as they are rare to come by around here.

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 04:50:46 AM »
Welcome from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
I like the Weber Performer Original GBS Charcoal Barbecue 57 cm. A color other than black would be cool also.
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 05:21:27 AM »
pick a weber charcoal grill any grill, won't be disapointed. if your budget allows for it...... buy a few vintage ones !!!!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 05:23:50 AM »
If you are entertaining a group of people I would look at getting the 26" Weber.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 05:44:26 AM »
I bought a Weber Mastertouch 22" Grill last year and the one pictured-above by the OP is not a "Mastertouch".

crazej36

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 07:07:31 AM »
I had one of those Walmart offset smokers before I got a Weber . The metal is thin like a pop can and it doesn't do slow and low since there is no seal . I did a bunch of mods just to get it to smoke until the wife bent the hinges to the door by letting it slam closed . The paint also rust off on the firebox . If you want a real offset you will need to spend a couple hundred or its useless .

If money is a concern by a used Weber and replace the grate .
91 kettle black , 22.5 OTG black, 18.5 OTS black, 76 Red Head MBH, 18.5in Smokey Mountain .

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 09:33:17 AM »
If you are entertaining a group of people I would look at getting the 26" Weber.

True! I wish I had one...

mistrtj

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 06:28:33 AM »
I think any WEBER Kettle wold do the trick for you, but I added a Performer Deluxe to my Summit gasser and WSM last year and absolutely LOVE it! I find I'm using the Performer twice as often as the other two pieces.
Welcome!

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »
I agree with above, a 26. Inch will do everything you need, including smoking including cooking for the crowed. You can never have enough grill space

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »
Seriously, get the 26'r. I'm highly debating selling my 1 year older Performer with gas assist for a 26'r.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 10:41:11 PM »
If you are wanting to do a little bit of smoking, and also grill for a number of people, get the 26'er.   If you are going to smoke for groups, then you might want to look into a Weber Smokey Mountain. 

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 02:35:50 PM »
Agree with the last three, if you can swing it, get the 26er.  Using the baskets, you can still save charcoal when cooking for one or two.   But you've got all kinds of space when cooking for a crowd or smoking 2-3 butts.

In other words, you will pry my 26er from my cold, dead hands ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna