Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: weber I grill  (Read 1722 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
weber I grill
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:20:15 PM »
to the guys that have it, is it worth it? pros ? cons ? read reviews online alot of people hate on it but they also could just not know how to use it. I want a good reliable multi probe thermo

TartanAvenger

• WKC Brave
Re: weber I grill
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:26:29 PM »
I've been using it for a couple months now and absolutely love it. I have a crazy luxury though. I have a mini, a 2 and an iGrill 3.  The two is my favourite.  It has 4 probes, connects easily to a cell phone or tablet. You push a button to set up your cook and then close the lid. I love the graph feature. I can see if there are any flare ups, temp dips. I can then go adjust my dampers or adjust to weather. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I've used it pretty much every day.

crazej36

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »
I use 2 minis . One for internal meat temp one for grill temp . A must have for longer cooks in the winter. 36$ each on amazon vs 50$ at the hardware store. They come with a spare battery . temp alarms are nice when throwing back "a couple" beers.

The downside to the mini is no temp display on the unit itself and I lose the signal around 40ft away .

91 kettle black , 22.5 OTG black, 18.5 OTS black, 76 Red Head MBH, 18.5in Smokey Mountain .

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 11:11:06 AM »
I have had one for a while but usually always go to my Maverick as I am not a big fan of having to use my phone to monitor temps. Today, I was doing a couple of corned beef briskets so I pulled it out so I could use one device with two meat temp probes and the pit probe. Talk about a recipe in aggravation!  It was constantly dropping connection and would only connect if I was within 15 or so feel of it. I dont remember having such problems with it before, but sure did today. It was especially frustrating when it would lose connection and then never alert me of the fact. Before I realized it was an issue, my pit was near 300. Maybe it is something with my phone, not sure, but I have a newer Android running 7.X so I wouldnt think so, but who knows. The cook is over and it is back in the box. Once I am no longer ready to punt it across the yard, I will look into why it was acting like that.

TartanAvenger

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 05:39:54 AM »
to the guys that have it, is it worth it? pros ? cons ? read reviews online alot of people hate on it but they also could just not know how to use it. I want a good reliable multi probe thermo

Using an iGrill 2 probe my chicken and ambient temp of 22 mt kettle. I love the 2 as it has 4 probe ability.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

butkusrules

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 11:19:36 AM »
I preferred the performance distance of the Smoke to my Igrill but SMOKE went haywire and Igrill saved the day. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk