Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "Patina" Appreciation society - Weathered Warriors  (Read 51794 times)

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
Re: "Patina" Appreciation society - Weathered Warriors
« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2023, 04:54:29 PM »
Pretty cool, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t try it indoors!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #301 on: February 25, 2023, 03:14:55 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samuel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2023, 07:19:58 PM »

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #303 on: May 01, 2023, 09:20:20 AM »

Got this 18” WW from WKC member @dwnthehatch this past weekend.  We are thinking ’69 -‘70? 

Got the bottom vents freed up and decided to do a little burn off tonight.  Hasn’t been fired up for at least 5 years and who knows before that.  The legs are on caddy wampus, which I’m hoping to correct, but one of the sockets has one maybe two welds that have rusted through.  So it may stay that way.  Will need to get some new grates and do some more RR, but it’s in pretty great shape for a +50 year old!

Looking forward to continuing to clean this old guy up and get it in the rotation.  I’ll get some new pics once we make a little more progress.

Cheers!

Got my old gray fix up finished this weekend!  Legs are on correct now. Had to reattach a socket in the process with some SS hardware, but it’s very solid now.  Cleaned everything up nice, but not too nice [emoji6].  Added a @zavod44 custom cherry handle and we’re ready to cook on it for the next +50 years!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2023, 11:22:21 AM »
that's some awesome patina on that one @Chesapeake Weber
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2023, 11:36:52 AM »

Got this 18” WW from WKC member @dwnthehatch this past weekend.  We are thinking ’69 -‘70? 

Got the bottom vents freed up and decided to do a little burn off tonight.  Hasn’t been fired up for at least 5 years and who knows before that.  The legs are on caddy wampus, which I’m hoping to correct, but one of the sockets has one maybe two welds that have rusted through.  So it may stay that way.  Will need to get some new grates and do some more RR, but it’s in pretty great shape for a +50 year old!

Looking forward to continuing to clean this old guy up and get it in the rotation.  I’ll get some new pics once we make a little more progress.

Cheers!

Got my old gray fix up finished this weekend!  Legs are on correct now. Had to reattach a socket in the process with some SS hardware, but it’s very solid now.  Cleaned everything up nice, but not too nice [emoji6].  Added a @zavod44 custom cherry handle and we’re ready to cook on it for the next +50 years!

Wow that is a nice!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #306 on: May 01, 2023, 01:22:22 PM »
Nice job on the resto!  My ‘73 is out in the yard working on its tan lol… it’s really cool how these weather.  Congrats on a great job.[emoji106][emoji122]

Pezdogs

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2023, 04:49:47 AM »
Let's Travel

Sent from my SM-S908E using Weber Kettle Club mobile app