Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer One touch System...When did it change?  (Read 12223 times)

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
Performer One touch System...When did it change?
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »
First timer here, Howdy!!I recently scored a black SS performer on cl with the date code of DD. Now that tells me its a 2000 model. When I purchased it the guy met me a few miles from his house, mostly for me so I would have to travel quite as far, but turns out he had forgotten the ash pan at home. :-\ He said his grandmother gave him the grill and the pan was inside the kettle and he thought it was a cooking pot :o.  I figured I could just order a new one since it need a few parts anyway so I just got him to knock off a little more money and went on my way, well, I spoke to weber this afternoon to order other parts and was told they no longer make that particular clean out system and I would have to order a whole new bottom kettle.... :o What!!Wow, the dude only lived another 6 miles further, I just figured it would be a cheap fix and look alot better anyway. I checked my grill again and I believe I do have the newer clean out system. I have the one with the three tabs that click in behind the leg brackets. I do believe the older ones attach a different way, maybe my kettle bottom has already been replaced. :D What do you guys think?Thanks!! By the way, I'm not well, I think I've got Kettle fever.....
08 Genesis S320,01 Green Platinum, 00 SS Black performer,99 Red Mastertouch Gold,Chargriller Akorn, Wooden handled 18.5 WSM, 13 Jumbo Joe,11 Weber Fireplace

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer One touch System...When did it change?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:07:29 PM »
Welcome Randy! Here is a sight that has replacements.(Most of time much less than Weber) If this is not your model, just go directly to the sight. These are for S/S Style.

Before 2000:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-801001-before-2000-charcoal-performer-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193489.html

After 2000:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-821004-touchngo-performer-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193491.html
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:41:43 PM by glrasmussen »

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:23 PM »
Thats a diagram for the older style one touch assembly. I you truly have the newer style, you may just need a bucket.  If we had some pics, we could quickly identify what you need.
Welcome to the addiction, errr, the site!
AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
Hey Randy, before you do anything just snap some pics of what you have, and some good close ups of the leg sockets and post them here.  We can get you all set up, do do anything rash.  We will know more about your grill than Weber customer service....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 04:28:45 AM »
Took some pics but can't attach for some reason :(Hit image button and it just types img twice in my post??
08 Genesis S320,01 Green Platinum, 00 SS Black performer,99 Red Mastertouch Gold,Chargriller Akorn, Wooden handled 18.5 WSM, 13 Jumbo Joe,11 Weber Fireplace

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 04:44:19 AM »
Took some pics but can't attach for some reason :(Hit image button and it just types img twice in my post??

Randy go here for instructions on uploading pictures.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:19:42 AM »
Randy, I have a few older Preformers in the bone yard, if you can't get what you need from the above suggestions, I will look.  But mine are rusty and need a real cleaning, but if you need something I am sure somebody here can help. 

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 05:30:16 AM »
Randy,
You can't attach pictures directly to the site. You must use a histing service and then link them. Look for the instructions here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/how-to-post-pictures-here-at-the-wkc/
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
It sounds to me like you just need an alternate (but very safe!) method of attaching the ash pan to your older bowl.  So like Brian said, don't do anything rash.  Post up some photos when you can and we will help you out. 

Welcome to the site, and to the Fever. 
One of the charcoal people.

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 05:32:46 PM »
I have a spare one of the older cross bars for the ash pan Assembly. If you end up needing it just let me know!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »
Ok, sorry for the delay in pics, finally got time to figure this out, hopefully!!

This is my ash assembly!!Notice my braces are rusted also and can no longer get them :-\

Here's my score..

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »
Randy, that is the new style. Here is the parts diagram.

After 2000:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-821004-touchngo-performer-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193491.html

Noticed also, your lower cross members should be mounted on the inside, the rack will fit then.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:08:47 AM by glrasmussen »

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »
Hey thanks Greg, whew ::) Thats good news, alot cheaper fix!! Yea my cross members are rusted out on the ends where the bolt connects them..so...I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with those yet. There a discontinued part..Might have to tack weld them and sand and paint. ???Also thanks for all the part offers guys, hope it doesn't come to that, I'm down in FL!! 8)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 03:20:31 PM »
You look to be in good shape, Randy.  Your ash can ring is in place, and all you need is the ash can.  I think they sell those two things bundled together from the factory, but you might be able to find someone with a spare around here.  Any ash can for any One-Touch Gold, Performer, Master-Touch, or One-Touch Plus should work just fine. 

And regarding those horizontal pieces, it might be worth another call to Weber to ask about that.  It looks to me that all you need is the hardware to make those connections, and they might just have that stuff in stock still (I've gotten hardware for my SS Performer, and for free!)  What I've found is that there is a wide range to the expertise and creativity in the Weber Customer Service folks.  It sometimes pays off to call back later to talk to someone else.  (Oh, and don't assume that the female CS people won't know as much-- some of them are really sharp on Weber history, and know exactly how to find the 'secret' part numbers you need.)   I've also had greater success, I think, by calling later at night-- folks then seem to be more knowledgeable and resourceful.  My theory is that newer employees get trained during the day, while the more experienced folks are allowed to work on their own later at night. 

Good luck!  And congratulations on a great Performer!
One of the charcoal people.

RandyG

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 06:02:24 AM »
That's what I was wondering, was there actually something welded in the end of the braces or just a piece that fit in the ends for the bolt to screw into, sounds like your saying in wasn't welded and I just need the pieces that fit into the ends to make it work. I don't need the whole brace! If this is correct, it doesn't show these parts on the diagram, so, the girl I had at Weber cs probably didn't know what I was talking about, she thought I needed a whole new brace!!Thanks!!